How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

Keim article up on ESPN:

As Haskins lost weight and re-shaped his body, he also worked on short-area quickness via agility ropes and other drills. He's not going to scare opponents with his scrambling, but Haskins showed mobility last season and this can help him extend plays.

Avery connected Haskins with a sports psychologist for several phone sessions. Because Redskins offensive coordinator Scott Turner spent the past two years at Carolina, Spinner and Haskins went through all of the Panthers' film. They broke down the routes they like to throw and paired them up with the style of receivers Washington has -- Carolina's DJ Moore is a smaller, faster receiver similar to the Redskins' Terry McLaurin, for example. And, because Spinner spent time with four NFL franchises, he was familiar with the offense and could recognize plays and concepts.

The Redskins' coaches have seen the videos of Haskins working out, but those reveal only so much, considering there's no defense. However, they do provide clues.

Read More: https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/40089/redskins-dwayne-haskins-im-going-to-deliver-year-2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Haskin has it made now 

I have to be honest, I wished these commercials would go away not come back. It was much more enjoyable the last few years not seeing those dumb lipsnyncing commercials as much.

44 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I really think Haskins is going to develop for us and be solid. It remains to be seen if he can develop into a top 10 or top 5 QB for us. He definitely has that raw talent ability & work ethic but a lot has to go right for him, the weapons around him and the team for him to get up to that status.

At worst I think Haskins is a QB that people rank in the teens after next year, and if not after next year, definitely after his 2021season.

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I have to be honest, I wished these commercials would go away not come back. It was much more enjoyable the last few years not seeing those dumb lipsnyncing commercials as much.

Its a tradition man.  I just wish they would've kept Ray Ray out of them.  Easterns is a Redskins thing, not a Ravens thing.  

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/6/22/21293793/dwayne-haskins-washington-sophomore-2020 

........Most of Haskins’s numbers from 2019 look really bad ... like Jared-Goff-rookie-year-level bad. Obviously, a quarterback’s performance can be greatly affected by poor offensive line play―and that was definitely the case at times for Haskins last year―but his stats when playing from a clean pocket were disconcertingly poor, too. The former Ohio State star had a passer rating of just 81.8 when kept clean as a rookie, per Pro Football Focus, which ranked dead last among the 39 quarterbacks who recorded at least 150 pass attempts. He threw five touchdowns and five interceptions on those plays, notching an adjusted completion rate (which accounts for drops and throwaways) of 72.4 percent (38th of 39).

Turning to the tape, it was easy enough to see why Haskins struggled so much, particularly early on. He was often slow to process and react, either holding onto the ball for too long or bailing from the pocket too early. His mechanics broke down at times too, and that created issues with accuracy. Here’s a couple of plays where Haskins’s throwing motion looked off; on the first, he tried to flick the ball rather than step into the throw, and on the second, he failed to set his feet and fell away as he released it.

Normally, such dreadful clean-pocket stats would raise major red flags and cast serious doubt on that quarterback’s ability to function in the NFL. But the good news for Haskins is that those numbers improved dramatically later in the season as he began to get more comfortable in the offense. When isolating clean-pocket stats to just his final three starts (Weeks 14 through 16), it’s clear the game started slowing down for Haskins. He went 35-of-50 for 463 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception when kept clean in those games, notching a passer rating of 110.7—eighth best among QBs in that stretch of weeks. That’s a very small sample, sure, but for Washington fans, it should provide more than a glimmer of hope...........

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Meanwhile, I'm on the COVID-19-more-pounds offseason

I'm doubling down with the ate a bunch of crap with pregnant wife, then too tired to workout afterwards with screaming baby for months, then quarantine sweatpants enabling me more dad bod going on here.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm doubling down with the ate a bunch of crap with pregnant wife, then too tired to workout afterwards with screaming baby for months, then quarantine sweatpants enabling me more dad bod going on here.  

I don't have a pregnant wife/baby for a valid excuse. I've just been drinking and playing apex and sitting in front of my work computer for 8+ hours a day. We tried doing some working out stuff and actually have done okay, but it's def not more than what I've been consuming. 

• Like 1