How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

Anyone else concerned that Haskins is throwing to all these WRs from other teams from all over the country? It doesn’t seem very safe in terms of COVID-19, especially someone like Antonio Brown who doesn’t take anything seriously, that guy seems like a flat earther.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Anyone else concerned that Haskins is throwing to all these WRs from other teams from all over the country? It doesn’t seem very safe in terms of COVID-19, especially someone like Antonio Brown who doesn’t take anything seriously, that guy seems like a flat earther.

In terms of COVID-19 it makes sense to be concerned. I’ve seen some people concerned that he’s building chemistry with others and not his receivers, but he has practiced with McLaurin and Harmon and them too, so that doesn’t concern me. Also him building a rapport with these other receivers could help us in FA negotiations down the road if Haskins proves to be the real deal. 

On 7/1/2020 at 5:03 PM, turtle28 said:

Maybe that's the point of him throwing together with guys who are more local, since it would be a risk for others to travel here.  Though Brown and Hardman would disprove that theory. 

On 7/1/2020 at 5:03 PM, turtle28 said:

Probably nothing he’s doing now that will be more dangerous than going to training camp and training/playing in a close quarters and a contained facility with 75-80 guys from all over the country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Probably nothing he’s doing now that will be more dangerous than going to training camp and training/playing in a close quarters and a contained facility with 75-80 guys from all over the country.

True, but that's a team organized even where I think all the players will be tested before they even practice. Also, the NFLPA put out a statement or reports suggesting that players not do this.

For me, the highlight of this is the catch by Darvin Kidsy. I'm always rooting for this guy, I'd love for him to make the team as our #5 or 6 WR (if we keep 6) and Haskins and him developed a good connection last preseason.

I said this on Instagram and Kidsy liked my reply!

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think this dude is going to be a stud. He just seems to have it. I could totally be wrong about that but I think what we saw towards the end of the season is just the tip of the iceberg. He’s going to be special. 

I hope so.  Going up against the lack of quality defensive backs puts a damper on my expectations, but I've been really impressed with how he bounced back from being an afterthought to starting QB, and how he's dedicated himself this off-season, when he could just as easily have come into camp with the same body or even been a bit overweight due to Covid.  Being a QB is a big mental strain, and that's my biggest concern.