How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

On 7/9/2020 at 10:52 PM, turtle28 said:

For me, the highlight of this is the catch by Darvin Kidsy. I'm always rooting for this guy, I'd love for him to make the team as our #5 or 6 WR (if we keep 6) and Haskins and him developed a good connection last preseason.

I said this on Instagram and Kidsy liked my reply!

Turtle Let's don't make this a habit but once again we agree ! KIdsy has always had a place in my head. He can make tough catches . I'm always pulling for him . Glad you got a like on your reply from him . ! HTTRWs

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

My only concern about Haskins at this point is him potentially getting a big ego and not being a team leader. But I am definitely rooting for him big time and see all the potential for him to be a great QB. Reminds me a lot of Big Ben. 

I am thinking/hoping that last season, especially the rough start and the embarrassment of selfie-gate, was an eye opening experience. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am thinking/hoping that last season, especially the rough start and the embarrassment of selfie-gate, was an eye opening experience. 

He's thrown almost everyday to almost all our players and more NFL players,and been doing well enough in interviews/talks with the coaches they decided not to chase Cam.Not to mention he looks to be in way better shape this year.I'm Confident in him this season,I'm just not confident the Team is giving him enough to succeed with around him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

My only concern about Haskins at this point is him potentially getting a big ego and not being a team leader. But I am definitely rooting for him big time and see all the potential for him to be a great QB. Reminds me a lot of Big Ben. 

Ive been so long calling him Jamarcus Haskins. That I was talking to my neighbor and he said, "Whos Jamarcus." I said the qb. He said, "Thats not his first name is it?" And it took an "oh yeah" moment for me to remember I had just gotten into that habit.

9 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I think it’s impossible to know what will happen, we have to see it. My hope as well is that his ego doesn’t get big like RG3’s did but Haskins had a different 1st year then RG did, so while RG was never humbled his rookie year, Haskins was.

I agree on the Big Ben comp, that’s who he reminds me of as well.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ive been so long calling him Jamarcus Haskins. That I was talking to my neighbor and he said, "Whos Jamarcus." I said the qb. He said, "Thats not his first name is it?" And it took an "oh yeah" moment for me to remember I had just gotten into that habit.

Says a lot about you. 

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Until he eats his way through the defensive linemen table, I don't think we can call him Jamarcus. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Until he eats his way through the defensive linemen table, I don't think we can call him Jamarcus. 

I went to college 2 years with Jamarcus. He was a big, fit dude in school. When I see stuff slip from Haskins like the selfie thing, then magically flips to more serious responses. Where every now and then something stupid slips by. To me, thats Jamarcus to a tee. Intentionally covering a heavy immaturity. Thats exactly how he was when keeping it together to get that big NFL contract.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm just not confident the Team is giving him enough to succeed with around him.

While I agree, I think the talent is the least of the challenge this season.  It is going to be the readiness of being able to execute plays as a team.

Considering that organized team activities are going to be limited, I think the key is to keep this playbook simple to start.  This is not just for haskins, but the whole offense.