2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, CAPJ said:

They were also adamant about not setting the market for Zeke and making him the highest paid RB.

As much as I love Zeke's game, I've tried to void that move from my memory. It's crazy stupid that one of the positions they stayed ahead of the curve on, is the most fungible.

14 hours ago, CAPJ said:

They were also adamant about not setting the market for Zeke and making him the highest paid RB.

If you break down his contract in the details, Zeke is actually the 4th highest paid in real money he will get. So.... They kinda didnt set the market. Even though that contract was dumb, as well as the Lawrence contract. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If you break down his contract in the details, Zeke is actually the 4th highest paid in real money he will get. So.... They kinda didnt set the market. Even though that contract was dumb, as well as the Lawrence contract. 

It’s the Jerry Jones standard. He always hands out dumb contracts. 

Some player reps could be exaggerating those figures, Broaddus likes to stir things up. I wouldn’t take those numbers at face value

But to me, it almost seems like our FO didn’t *want* a new CBA/huge cap spikes. They thought they could tag Dak and Amari this year and they got blindsided. They should be ashamed of themselves. They aren’t, because they’ll continue to lap the field in revenue without spending above the median on their roster

• Like 1

There is allegedly a 3% allocation from the owners revenues to the cap immediately. Which - again - according to reports is going to bump the cap from ~$200m to ~$240m the year it happens. After that, due to players getting a larger piece of the pie, the annual increases will go from ~$10m/year to ~$15m/year. But even with those changes, $425 in 7 years seem high. My math tells me it would be much closer to ~$350m. 

19 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Heath might be gone too. 

No. Stop. Please. Dont let him go. Whatever will we do. Devastating. I pray he doesn't sign with a rival. That would be catastrophic. 

:ph34r:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, D82 said:

Crazy...

If this is only partially true, but a salary explosion is coming....it shouldn't even be a question as to whether or not you re-sign ANY of your existing FA. And, on deals that reset the market. 

Dak - $40m
Cooper - 20m
Jones - 16m
Quinn - $14m

If you're instead talking about $300m cap, you are way ahead of the curve. 

Edited by WizardHawk