2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Which type of WR would help Dallas more.

1 A big WR who can score better in the redzone type ala Dez Bryant?

2 A speed demon who can stretch the field and open up other players (Zeke included)

McCarthy has a preference for bigger WRs who can run slants.

21 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

2 A speed demon who can stretch the field and open up other players (Zeke included)

A WR who can stay healthy/be on the field in the biggest games.  

On 3/3/2020 at 9:32 AM, resilient part 2 said:

One that can catch.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

With this chart I see over 40 mil in cap space that can that can be Generated by restructuring. Yes I know these contracts can eventually be bad but with the new CBA restructuring these contracts now will make them look like peanuts once new CBA is approved 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

With this chart I see over 40 mil in cap space that can that can be Generated by restructuring. Yes I know these contracts can eventually be bad but with the new CBA restructuring these contracts now will make them look like peanuts once new CBA is approved 

On top of the 77 million we already have. 

Yet people are still on here saying we can't afford Byron Jones. Or that we need to chose between Cooper and Jones.... I don't get it. If the Cowboys don't want to sign Jones or Cooper for that matter then fine, but it is NOT because we can't afford them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Yet people are still on here saying we can't afford Byron Jones. Or that we need to chose between Cooper and Jones.... I don't get it. If the Cowboys don't want to sign Jones or Cooper for that matter then fine, but it is NOT because we can't afford them.

Yeah...people really don't understand how the cap works.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Maxing out the cap before the season is a really bad practice. It leaves no room for error and/or injuries for important trades that might need to happen during the season.

The very thing we keep on criticizing the front office on where they are stingy with their resources and promote the idea of homegrown talent is the very thing that helps us field a solid team year in and year out. Consistently.

We are up there in the league with teams like the Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, 49ers in talent acquisition. Before we brush that off , I must pause for everyone to even consider how difficult and stupid hard it is to accomplish it really is in this cut throat league of acquiring talent from under any rock teams can find.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but talent acquisition and properly using our cap resources year in & out hasn't been ever our issue of recent years but COACHING errors and mishandling under the Jason Garrett era. 

In regards specifically to Byron Jones, whose to say we plan to not use our cap on said Dline talent instead of him?

Well answer was gonna be soon but the stupid CBA puts it off a couple more days but....    my Guess

dak 36.5 or gets the Tag

coop 19

jones nope—    Not enough interceptions

quinn gets resigned 

and Martin gets restructured

we sign a veteran safety or cb

Edited by quiller