2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

I still think pass rush > coverage in the aggregate, but is Arik Armstead really more valuable than Byron? I’m gonna say no, *that guy* is a one-year-wonder if I’ve seen one.

CB market was just stagnant for a while. Norman’s contract didn’t get topped for 3 years. This probably doesn’t set the record for cap-% to CBs

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

On a side note, thank you 3rd Round Comp pick in 2021 

it's nice to know they don't want to spend any money so we can count on that comp pick being there, helps make the draft interesting. 

Edited by WizardHawk

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It's like when your great aunt dies. You knew it was coming but it doesn't make it any easier. I would have paid him

It’s tough.  As a fan I am hesitant.  I really didn’t think he performed at that level last year but yeah I can see the reasons to sign him.though frankly if we sign quinn And can keep our key DL pieces I think our D can improve next year.   I am one who feels unless you have a Deon, your DL is the make or break part of how well your secondary plays

1 minute ago, quiller said:

It’s tough.  As a fan I am hesitant.  I really didn’t think he performed at that level last year but yeah I can see the reasons to sign him.though frankly if we sign quinn And can keep our key DL pieces I think our D can improve next year.   I am one who feels unless you have a Deon, your DL is the make or break part of how well your secondary plays

I am totally a DL over DB guy. But Byron had a career year last season that was masked by a terrible defense. He was better last year than he was in 2018

Edited by DaBoys