2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

I don’t think losing Byron is enough to preclude us from enough positive regression in other areas that would still be enough for 10+ wins- but I don’t know how we would build a secondary for next year without him that doesn’t get mercilessly torched by playoff teams

Unless we seriously nail some draft picks and free agent signings, I think “bottom 1/4” is being generous for this DB unit minus Jones

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I don’t think losing Byron is enough to preclude us from enough positive regression in other areas that would still be enough for 10+ wins- but I don’t know how we would build a secondary for next year without him that doesn’t get mercilessly torched by playoff teams

Unless we seriously nail some draft picks and free agent signings, I think “bottom 1/4” is being generous for this DB unit minus Jones

This is the issue.  The secondary takes a huge hit without him.  He's more valuable to us than we may think.

I'm sneaking a peak at the Pro Bowl and man I would be engaging in talks with the Jets about Adams.  Instant upgrade at safety and a player who would set a tone for the entire defense.

Regarding our defense what is the status of Randy Gregory?

3 hours ago, Northland said:

This is the issue.  The secondary takes a huge hit without him.  He's more valuable to us than we may think.

I'm sneaking a peak at the Pro Bowl and man I would be engaging in talks with the Jets about Adams.  Instant upgrade at safety and a player who would set a tone for the entire defense.

Regarding our defense what is the status of Randy Gregory?

Comrade Goodell has ignored the discussion on his reinstatement all season, so it’s hard to know what his status is. IMO, he’d be a natural fit in a 3-4 defense as the OLB/DE should we make the shift back into that scheme.

23 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm all for talks about Adams.  He's a game changer.  It will cost more than Jones.  Toss in a couple of high picks.  Start the dialogue.

Eff that.

I do believe Adams is a game changer but Jones is an all-pro CB who are still ranked higher in importance then a Safety is.

If they wanted to do it straight up dealing Jones for Adams I would think about it. 

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Eff that.

I do believe Adams is a game changer but Jones is an all-pro CB who are still ranked higher in importance then a Safety is.

If they wanted to do it straight up dealing Jones for Adams I would think about it. 

Gotta take into account that Adams is 24 and Jones is 27 too.

• Like 1

If the Jets were interested in that they probably would have brought it up in discussions earlier this season.

They wanted Tyron, or Martin

They want offensive pieces to help Darnold. I doubt they want to trade one DB for another DB

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

If the Jets were interested in that they probably would have brought it up in discussions earlier this season.

They wanted Tyron, or Martin

They want offensive pieces to help Darnold. I doubt they want to trade one DB for another DB

Tag Cooper and trade him for Adams?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Now this makes more sense but they would be foolish to do that. 

IDK  Amari's young, healthy, and a good route runner.    Your young qb doesn't have to wait a year or two for him to develop like a rookie, you can evaluate him now.  Plus you don't spend a pick on WR.