2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

So should we let our QB go that was 3-8 against teams outside the top 5? The same QB that wants $35 million a year?

Contrary to sentimental value, there are 3 people who decide the success of a franchise. The QB, coach and gm. Everyone else is replaceable. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No. I think both played well for a #2de and a #2 cb. But sometimes the best way to improve is to change.

We have needs at other positions that our draft picks will be allotted to

Quinn on a 3 year deal for the money he got based on the production he had last year was a steal

Jones I am not worried about losing. Cobb I am disappointed in losing, but not at the money he got. He can be replaced with a WR in the draft, but I see us getting into trouble with Coop at 20, Gallup is surely getting paid when his time is up and investing a high pick in another WR

Dak's cap number is going to be 30 regardless if he plays under the tag or signs long term. Unless we're going "as is" and letting that money roll over into next year, all the good FA's are gone unless theres a value trade out there they are counting on

The defense needs work, and not a little bit of it

Edited by TheGame316

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No. I think both played well for a #2de and a #2 cb. But sometimes the best way to improve is to change.

We changed our entire coaching staff.

You'll have a hard time convincing me we shouldn't have kept at least one of those guys. I see us as worse at CB and DE right now and we only have a few options to get back to even.

I still want a 1T

Suh

Snacks

Or McCoys teammate Dontari Poe

The former Pro Bowler is recovering from a season-ending injury in 2019, but that could help Dallas get him signed at a bargain price for 2020.

Poe, the 11th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, has been to two Pro Bowls but none since 2014. He will turn 30 this August.

Dontari has spent the last two years with the Carolina Panthers and was on his way to a major bounce-back season in 2019 before tearing his quad. Poe had four sacks in just 11 games from the DT position.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You'll have a hard time convincing me we shouldn't have kept at least one of those guys. I see us as worse at CB and DE right now and we only have a few options to get back to even.

That's the entire point of change. You see if the next guy up.can produce

Linval Joseph signed for 8.5 per. Which is about what we save by cutting Crawford. Who in their right mind wouldn't make that move? Hoping we get Snacks for a discount since he lives in Dallas. But he signed for $11m to play in Detroit last season so idk

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Contrary to sentimental value, there are 3 people who decide the success of a franchise. The QB, coach and gm. Everyone else is replaceable. 

So Dak was 33% to blame for our failures last year?

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

No changing our coaching staff only benefits Dak. They held him back but no one else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

So Dak was 33% to blame for our failures last year?

I'm not sure how you expect me to respond. Dak was clearly a factor in causing us to lose in 3 games last year. He was trash in those contest. 

But he was the most important person in getting us 8 wins.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

No you'd be surprised how often all 3 of those get replaced too. Especially the one's who don't deliver.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I'm not sure how you expect me to respond. Dak was clearly a factor in causing us to lose in 3 games last year. He was trash in those contest. 

But he was the most important person in getting us 8 wins.

You can't be the most important person in every win but only some losses. That no worky

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You can't be the most important person in every win but only some losses. That no worky

It does if your Dak. Byron and Quinn both had good years and seemed #2 but coaching wont help them get any better.

Our franchise QB needed Amari to be better. Needs a good line and solid running game. And we think with all those things a good coaching staff will make him better and let's pay him $40 mill a year.

44 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Open to idea. Romo is open to the idea of winning the masters. Great Reporting 

Better than not open like years past.

Adding Snacks Griffen and Rhodes could give us a lot of options heading into the draft.