2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak’s cap number ($30.14m) is already accounted for in that $24m. If he’s signed to an extension his cap hit goes down or marginally changes

not to mention we could always cut Crawford and save $8 million

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Well, no...but he’s an upgrade over what we’ve had (though that isn’t saying much). It’s also why I wouldn’t rule out DT in the 1st. Neither he nor McCoy are long-term options.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. I was just trying to temper expectations for Poe. He's not a savior at the nose unless he re-finds his form of ~4 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak’s cap number ($30.14m) is already accounted for in that $24m. If he’s signed to an extension his cap hit goes down or marginally changes

A no brainer cut of Crawford and waiting till June on Frederick gets us up to nearly $40m with no restructure at all. There's no reason we should be so close to the vest

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I agree with all of this. I was just trying to temper expectations for Poe. He's not a savior at the nose unless he re-finds his form of ~4 years ago.

Poe had almost the same season as Tank last year.... in 5 less games. 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

True, though I don’t think I’d cut him outright. A renegotiated contract though to lower his number would be best approach imo. 

If he was open to resigning a longer team deal for cheap while spreading out the cap, I would do it.

If not, he doesnt offer much as a 4-3 end and admits he doesnt like playing the 3T.

If we were moving to a 3-4 I could see him and McCoy paying DE with Poe at NT. I just dont see Tank as a OLB.

36 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Poe had 4 snaps where he sacked the QB, DeMarcus Lawrence had 5. They played hundreds of other snaps.

Isnt that what I just said? Tank played about +65% more snaps than Poe. And their seasons where about the same. 

Now that we got Poe, cut Crawford, push Frederick to a June 1 cap hit,  sign Clowney to a short term deal and bring in Rhodes at least for some veteran depth.

Tank, Poe, McCoy, Clowney, with Hill, Woods, Armstrong, Jackson and RG.

18 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Now that we got Poe, cut Crawford, push Frederick to a June 1 cap hit,  sign Clowney to a short term deal and bring in Rhodes at least for some veteran depth.

Tank, Poe, McCoy, Clowney, with Hill, Woods, Armstrong, Jackson and RG.

Honestly if Frederick is a June 1 hit, we'd have like $30M so no need to cut Crawford