Jump to content
WizardHawk

2020 Cowboys Free Agency

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak’s cap number ($30.14m) is already accounted for in that $24m. If he’s signed to an extension his cap hit goes down or marginally changes

not to mention we could always cut Crawford and save $8 million

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CAPJ said:

not to mention we could always cut Crawford and save $8 million

True, though I don’t think I’d cut him outright. A renegotiated contract though to lower his number would be best approach imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

not to mention we could always cut Crawford and save $8 million

Damn, I thought we had already done that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, D82 said:

Well, no...but he’s an upgrade over what we’ve had (though that isn’t saying much). It’s also why I wouldn’t rule out DT in the 1st. Neither he nor McCoy are long-term options.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. I was just trying to temper expectations for Poe. He's not a savior at the nose unless he re-finds his form of ~4 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I agree with all of this. I was just trying to temper expectations for Poe. He's not a savior at the nose unless he re-finds his form of ~4 years ago.

Agreed. The smart signing would be Harrison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak’s cap number ($30.14m) is already accounted for in that $24m. If he’s signed to an extension his cap hit goes down or marginally changes

A no brainer cut of Crawford and waiting till June on Frederick gets us up to nearly $40m with no restructure at all. There's no reason we should be so close to the vest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I agree with all of this. I was just trying to temper expectations for Poe. He's not a savior at the nose unless he re-finds his form of ~4 years ago.

Poe had almost the same season as Tank last year.... in 5 less games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

True, though I don’t think I’d cut him outright. A renegotiated contract though to lower his number would be best approach imo. 

If he was open to resigning a longer team deal for cheap while spreading out the cap, I would do it.

If not, he doesnt offer much as a 4-3 end and admits he doesnt like playing the 3T.

If we were moving to a 3-4 I could see him and McCoy paying DE with Poe at NT. I just dont see Tank as a OLB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

If he was open to resigning a longer team deal for cheap while spreading out the cap, I would do it.

He has already said he would take a pay cut to stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Poe had almost the same season as Tank last year.... in 5 less games. 

Poe had 4 snaps where he sacked the QB, DeMarcus Lawrence had 5. They played hundreds of other snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Poe had 4 snaps where he sacked the QB, DeMarcus Lawrence had 5. They played hundreds of other snaps.

Isnt that what I just said? Tank played about +65% more snaps than Poe. And their seasons where about the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what’s goin on with talks. Been 2 days now. Guess they are slowing down with this virus crap I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s official 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we got Poe, cut Crawford, push Frederick to a June 1 cap hit,  sign Clowney to a short term deal and bring in Rhodes at least for some veteran depth.

Tank, Poe, McCoy, Clowney, with Hill, Woods, Armstrong, Jackson and RG.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Now that we got Poe, cut Crawford, push Frederick to a June 1 cap hit,  sign Clowney to a short term deal and bring in Rhodes at least for some veteran depth.

Tank, Poe, McCoy, Clowney, with Hill, Woods, Armstrong, Jackson and RG.

 

 

Honestly if Frederick is a June 1 hit, we'd have like $30M so no need to cut Crawford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×