2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What do we get? 1st, 2nd, and Jones? That means 1st, 2nd, and a future future 3rd comp. I am down.

You mean swap picks? That would work for me, though you never know with some of these people who think you need to give up the entire draft for non-QB position.

It's frustrating to me that we apparently won't go to Crawford with a revised contract. It doesn't have to be a "pay cut" per se, it could be a 1-2 year extension where his take home this year is roughly the same but his APY falls from $8-9M to $4-5M.

Doug Free and Brandon Carr both did it, and they were average-to-above-average starters for this team for as long as Crawford's been one (if not longer, since calling Crawford an above average RDE is very charitable, and he's played that spot since 2017). Consummate professionals and valued locker room presencesĀ as well. I don't get it.

Of course we're just gonna roll over 8 figures of roomĀ again to never everĀ use so I guess it doesn't matter

Edited by matt79511

12 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If weā€™re considering going back to the 3-4, I wonder why we arenā€™t looking at Markus Golden in free agency.

Cause we arenā€™t. Weā€™ll run a 4-3 base but primarily operate out if the nickel, with multiple formations thrown inĀ 

• Like 1

I love the wayĀ our off season is going. We let our pro bowl CB walk. We gave Amari $20m a year when his market was 17. We let our sack leader from 2019 RobertĀ Quinn go. Carolina gave up the most yards per rushing attempt in 2019 so we signed both of their DTs. We can't find the money toĀ pay our own but we guarantee a kicker who missed more kicks last season than anyone not named Maher $2.5M. Now the other kicker:

Crawfords 2020 cap hit is $10.1M. MindĀ you he has played in just 4 games since December of 2018. So $12.6MĀ to Crawford and a terrible kicker but we could afford Quinn?

Ā 

I love McCoy but this offseason has been terrible and you know it

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I love the wayĀ our off season is going. We let our pro bowl CB walk. We gave Amari $20m a year when his market was 17. We let our sack leader from 2019 RobertĀ Quinn go. Carolina gave up the most yards per rushing attempt in 2019 so we signed both of their DTs. We can't find the money toĀ pay our own but we guarantee a kicker who missed more kicks last season than anyone not named Maher $2.5M. Now the other kicker:

Crawfords 2020 cap hit is $10.1M. MindĀ you he has played in just 4 games since December of 2018. So $12.6MĀ to Crawford and a terrible kicker but we could afford Quinn?

Ā 

I love McCoy but this offseason has been terrible and you know it

The only way Crawford should be on this team is if he resigns and takes less money so we can spread his cap hit.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Oh AND Frederick retired. This has been a disaster of an off season. I'd love to hear from anyone who likes what they have seen thus far

It's nice to see us address a few positions that have been a weakness over the years but getting Poe, McCoy and Dix does not offset losing Byron, Cobb, Quinn, Collins and Frederick.

• Like 1