2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

7 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Like Clowney who’s price is said to be around 20 mil annual. Imagine grabbing him at like 18 mil with a steady increase annually? 

I could have read somewhere that he was only asking for $13MM...but maybe I'm thinking of somebody else. 

41 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think they're waiting to let some of these guys prices come down. 

I imagine we add a DE and CB before the draft. 

Any FAs added after the draft won't affect the comp pick formula. If they are going to dabble on one of the higher priced guys, I'd expect that to happen after the draft. Losing a top-100 pick in 2021 is a bigger concern for them than a couple million dollars.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Any FAs added after the draft won't affect the comp pick formula. If they are going to dabble on one of the higher priced guys, I'd expect that to happen after the draft. Losing a top-100 pick in 2021 is a bigger concern for them than a couple million dollars.

Ah...yeah, forgot about that. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Like Clowney who’s price is said to be around 20 mil annual. Imagine grabbing him at like 18 mil with a steady increase annually? 

question, do you or anyone think Clowney is a true "high level" "impact" player? 

If No, then pass.. But if Yes, wouldn't 18-20 million be reasonable??

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Isnt it June 1st for the comp pick cut off?

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

question, do you or anyone think Clowney is a true "high level" "impact" player? 

If No, then pass.. But if Yes, wouldn't 18-20 million be reasonable??

No. He is an okay player. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Isnt it June 1st for the comp pick cut off?

Here's the rule:

"Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year" 

This is new for this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Dre Kirkpatrick anyone?

I don’t know if he’s any good anymore (Bengals aren’t exactly must watch TV), but might be worth kicking the tires. I believe he’s 30.

I'd consider kicking the tires if the price is right. I don't think I'd get my hopes up on him being a starter given his injury history, but he's worth looking at.

I'd give up a 5th for sure. If ravens can get Calais (even tho yannick is younger) for a 5th why not us? Definitely would pass on Clowney tho. I think the line is looking nice as long as gregory comes back. Crawford will be in mix as well as Armstrong. But it all depends on Gregory (cant believe we with all troubles we still keep counting on him) 

• Like 1