2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

Just now, flyingmonkey30 said:

I would offer whatever the deal @D82 pulled off in a GM mock. I think it was like pick 51 and next year's 3rd.

Yup. If that could realistically get the deal done, I'd do it in a second. 

30 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yup. If that could realistically get the deal done, I'd do it in a second. 

Sounds good but the problem is the contract. He gonna want to be paid 20 mil. Thats Dak, Cooper, Lawrence, and him. Thats over 90 million in 4 players for the next at least 3 years. For a 53 man roster thats a lot.

I would like our team to keep our picks and continue to build through the draft. This is a completely new regime.

They listened to our cry for a nasty DT and got us 2. 

They looked at our safties in previous years and said HA HA

We have so much untapped potential on this team Luke Gifford, Donovan Wilson, Randy Gregory, Tony Pollard, Blake Jarwin. These are all players that we drafted. If they can stay available they could be huge for us. Yannick was a 3rd rd pick that the Jags gave a chance. Do we have the front office to do the same? I think we do now.

Edited by eagles suck

6 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

Sounds good but the problem is the contract. He gonna want to be paid 20 mil. Thats Dak, Cooper, Lawrence, and him. Thats over 90 million in 4 players for the next at least 3 years. For a 53 man roster thats a lot.

I would like our team to keep our picks and continue to build through the draft. This is a completely new regime.

They listened to our cry for a nasty DT and got us 2. 

They looked at our safties in previous years and said HA HA

We have so much untapped potential on this team Luke Gifford, Donovan Wilson, Randy Gregory, Tony Pollard, Blake Jarwin. These are all players that we drafted. If they can stay available they could be huge for us. Yannick was a 3rd rd pick that the Jags gave a chance. Do we have the front office to do the same? I think we do now.

We've got a lot of cap to work with. 

16 minutes ago, D82 said:

We've got a lot of cap to work with. 

We do. Going forward, but Yannick 20mil Dak 34mil. We will see that number dwindle. Grant it we dont have any big name free agents next year. I would want to lock up Gallup and J. Lewis early.

Question. Does anyone know a ballpoint projection that the Nfl cap will be in 2021. I know its a new CBA and I heard that the cap will increase big time. I just want to know about how much?

Edited by eagles suck

16 minutes ago, djdunkenstein said:

Any quality "cheaper" quarterbacks out there?  I saw we resigned Rush..which i have no faith in him at all. And by quality i mean better than Rush. If Dak goes down can we really count on Rush? Id like someone else please

Well there is always Matt Moore to bring back.

Brandon Allen is interesting 

Mike Glennon has started some games ( not saying much )

Trevor Simien is an ok backup 

I'll stay away from Cam.

Joe Flacco :/

Edited by eagles suck

17 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

Well there is always Matt Moore to bring back.

Brandon Allen is interesting 

Mike Glennon has started some games ( not saying much )

Trevor Simien is an ok backup 

I'll stay away from Cam.

Joe Flacco :/

Flacco and Simien are the best of that bunch. Flacco will likely want the chance to compete for a starting job, which he won't get in Dallas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Flacco and Simien are the best of that bunch. Flacco will likely want the chance to compete for a starting job, which he won't get in Dallas.

Not sure he is getting that anywhere lol.

I wouldnt mind Flacco as a backup.

23 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I mean Cam and Winston are easily the best remaining QBs on the market, but if they're going to compete for a job, it won't be somewhere that has a stable starting QB situation like Dallas

Winston may be cheaper then Dak. Just saying.

• Like 1