2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

14 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Aside from poor eyesight, Winston has screws loose in his head. The arm talent is undeniable, but the unique ability to gift wrap the football to the other team is also undeniable.

I think Winston still has some value, especially given some of the Qbs that are starting.

He has had weapons in TB, but never a solid oline or run game and typically having to play from behind.

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Aside from poor eyesight, Winston has screws loose in his head. The arm talent is undeniable, but the unique ability to gift wrap the football to the other team is also undeniable.

We could pay him in crab legs to be our backup. Wait... do you think thats why he threw a lot of interceptions? - due to the excessive butter on his hands? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I think Winston still has some value, especially given some of the Qbs that are starting.

He has had weapons in TB, but never a solid oline or run game and typically having to play from behind.

We're talking about the same guy who threw INTs on the Bucs' opening drive in, what, 6 (or 7?) straight games? That's not the lack of a running game. That's just being a knucklehead. 

36 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Yeah, it takes a certain...ability to throw 30 interceptions in a season

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, quiller said:

Mariota would be a better choice if were going down this road which I hope we are not

I still wanna stick it in Daks eye for being greedy. I mean if worse comes to worse and someone trades for him we can still draft Herbert or Eason.

With everyone wanting top dollar set the market contracts I'm just tired of them and want them gone. If that means another rebuilding process then that may be what has to happen. 

Right now if the right deal comes along. I would not be highly offended if we parted from Zeke and Dak. 

17 minutes ago, quiller said:

Mariota would be a better choice if were going down this road which I hope we are not

Didnt he end up in Vegas? That ship sailed. I'd take Winston as a backup. You can go one of two ways with a backup QB- risk averse dink and dunk or balls to the wall rock n roll. In my mind, if you're down a qb more than 8 games your season is likely over so why not go for the guy who might catch lightning in a bottle? Better to have fun watching kitna rip 50-50 balls to Dez than slowly bleeding to death with Brandon weeden and Matt Cassel throwing 2 yard flat routes on 3rd and 9.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I still wanna stick it in Daks eye for being greedy. I mean if worse comes to worse and someone trades for him we can still draft Herbert or Eason.

With everyone wanting top dollar set the market contracts I'm just tired of them and want them gone. If that means another rebuilding process then that may be what has to happen. 

Right now if the right deal comes along. I would not be highly offended if we parted from Zeke and Dak. 

Dont cut of your nose to spite your face.

13 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

Didnt he end up in Vegas? That ship sailed. I'd take Winston as a backup. You can go one of two ways with a backup QB- risk averse dink and dunk or balls to the wall rock n roll. In my mind, if you're down a qb more than 8 games your season is likely over so why not go for the guy who might catch lightning in a bottle? Better to have fun watching kitna rip 50-50 balls to Dez than slowly bleeding to death with Brandon weeden and Matt Cassel throwing 2 yard flat routes on 3rd and 9.

Redball and Linehan were calling those kinds of plays regardless of who played QB. Romo likely just ignored those play calls and hucked the ball on a whim and a prayer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont cut of your nose to spite your face.

Haven't you said all along how easily replaceable Zeke is? I think the same for him and Dak.

Would it be disasterous for our offense? That depends on the situation. And personally I think the situation we have now with our line and receiving core is as good if not better then the situation Dak and Zeke stepped into in 2016. Again this is just wishful think cause I doubt it would happen but what we could get for a Zeke and Dak going into their primes we could still walk out of this draft with Herbert and Taylor and then some with some extra on top of that. 

I wouldn't think of that as spiting our face. Just pruning over grown branches that will allow the tree to bloom healthier then before.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Haven't you said all along how easily replaceable Zeke is? I think the same for him and Dak.

Would it be disasterous for our offense? That depends on the situation. And personally I think the situation we have now with our line and receiving core is as good if not better then the situation Dak and Zeke stepped into in 2016. Again this is just wishful think cause I doubt it would happen but what we could get for a Zeke and Dak going into their primes we could still walk out of this draft with Herbert and Taylor and then some with some extra on top of that. 

I wouldn't think of that as spiting our face. Just pruning over grown branches that will allow the tree to bloom healthier then before.

You have a lot more faith in the draft then I do. 

Also, RBs are easily replaceable. Franchise QB's might be the hardest position in football to find. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You have a lot more faith in the draft then I do. 

Also, RBs are easily replaceable. Franchise QB's might be the hardest position in football to find. 

I have faith in our line, receiving core, and boy wonder designing the scheme and calling plays.

Im gonna go fantasize now.