2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Main aspect I want from my CB is preventing catches and TDs. Jones has exceeded in that department. 

I guess but is it really worth paying that much for Jones when we can say invest in a DT or Dline more?

All our DT's minus Hill are FA's so we have other more dire areas of concern at this point. One shutdown corner who doesn't get turnovers isn't going to do a whole lot for us.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

27 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Interesting. Hope the Raiders do this and then we can swoop in and get Karl Joseph. Would effectively eliminate the need for S through the draft (if one falls to us, great.)

Well the Raiders declined his 5th year option, so would think he wouldn't cost more than a 2021 6th on a trade.

We have 80 mil in cap space and could get $8M more by cutting Crawford.

Quinn- 12 AAV

Byron- 14 AAV

Amari- 17 AAV

Dak- 35 AAV

That's 78 mil all together. So it is absolutely possible to sign everyone and still have a rookie pool left over. A restructure here and there and we could create enough room to sign a DT in FA. Draft a safety or someone on defense and boom. We have a team.

I know it sucks being up against the wall in cap space but that's the reality of having a huge contract on your QB.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

We have 80 mil in cap space and could get $8M more by cutting Crawford.

Quinn- 12 AAV

Byron- 14 AAV

Amari- 17 AAV

Dak- 35 AAV

That's 78 mil all together. So it is absolutely possible to sign everyone and still have a rookie pool left over. A restructure here and there and we could create enough room to sign a DT in FA. Draft a safety or someone on defense and boom. We have a team.

I know it sucks being up against the wall in cap space but that's the reality of having a huge contract on your QB.

Andy Dalton at 12, The extra 23 million spend on the defense, and the picks used in a Dak trade also used on players for the Defense

Andy Dalton could Jimmy Garoppolo his way to a Superbowl here with the Offensive weapons we have and a fully invested defense

2 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Andy Dalton at 12, The extra 23 million spend on the defense, and the picks used in a Dak trade also used on players for the Defense

Andy Dalton could Jimmy Garoppolo his way to a Superbowl here with the Offensive weapons we have and a fully invested defense

No, he really can’t. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, TheGame316 said:

I'm curious as to who you think is our Nick Bosa on the defense?

Edited by Tony7188