2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

Frankly when you check the unrestricted FA list it is alarming how much potential turn around ...      we have 5-6 players who were key to bring back..    all of them capable of getting high end deals elsewhere..     Dak Cooper Quinn Jones Cobb Malik Collins

and second tier of

Brown Lee Woods Thomas 

oh don’t forget 

OL back ups Looney Fleming + filo 

oh our kicker also just for fun

and our top TE Jarwin is a restricted FA

thats 15 to sign or let go in two plus weeks and nothing can happen until yeah or Nay on Dak ...    

I foresee a huge turn over in talent and a huge drop off in the second level of players ...     we might keep Dak and Coop but the depth on OL is gonna suffers from is Dak Zeke Coop Gallup enough with no real  weapon at TE and a OL with no depth beyond a injury prone starting 5. 

DL will also take a step back with out woods Quin and Collins as LB with out Thomas and secondary without Jones and Brown thus we might be just as good offensively but our D will have a hard time repeating no 9 ranking

sure a lot of this is the sky is falling but the way they ended last year doesn’t lead to a warm and fuzzy feeling about things automatically  turning around with a new coach especially sense yeah I am one who put this 80% players 15% Jerry 5% clapper

On 2/23/2020 at 10:49 AM, quiller said:

Frankly when you check the unrestricted FA list it is alarming how much potential turn around ...      we have 5-6 players who were key to bring back..    all of them capable of getting high end deals elsewhere..     Dak Cooper Quinn Jones Cobb Malik Collins

and second tier of

Brown Lee Woods Thomas 

oh don’t forget 

OL back ups Looney Fleming + filo 

oh our kicker also just for fun

and our top TE Jarwin is a restricted FA

thats 15 to sign or let go in two plus weeks and nothing can happen until yeah or Nay on Dak ...    

I foresee a huge turn over in talent and a huge drop off in the second level of players ...     we might keep Dak and Coop but the depth on OL is gonna suffers from is Dak Zeke Coop Gallup enough with no real  weapon at TE and a OL with no depth beyond a injury prone starting 5. 

DL will also take a step back with out woods Quin and Collins as LB with out Thomas and secondary without Jones and Brown thus we might be just as good offensively but our D will have a hard time repeating no 9 ranking

sure a lot of this is the sky is falling but the way they ended last year doesn’t lead to a warm and fuzzy feeling about things automatically  turning around with a new coach especially sense yeah I am one who put this 80% players 15% Jerry 5% clapper

The laziness, poor motivation, poor fundamentals, and lack of accountability is on the coaching staff and front office. They set the standard for the players to work to. So, when they behave that way, it’s due to the culture they’re working in and the lack of effective coaching. Meaning, 90% Front Office and Coaching, 10% Players.

33 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Nah. He'll be franchised if nothing long term is agreed upon. 

I love Dak as much as anyone else. But I'm really curious now how much is he really asking... cause for me the cowboys, the team in general come first always.

What happens if he holds out? I feel like our FA doesn't prepare enough for worst case scenarios. 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

15 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I love Dak as much as anyone else. But I'm really curious now how much is he really asking... cause for me the cowboys, the team in general come first always.

What happens if he holds out? I feel like our FA doesn't prepare enough for worst case scenarios. 

This is Daks idea. He doesn't want to get paid until the CBA is set because he will probably get paid more afterwards.

46 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Kinda hard to get solid returns when one literally focuses on picking up trash.

Precisely why we can't let any of our good players walk. If that's all we can muster in FA over four plus years, then it is imperative that we sign our own. We should have the money and we do. We must also continue to draft well.

• Like 1

I cannot wait for us to tag our Franchise QB and have him miss valuable camp time with a new coaching staff in place and for us to let our CB1 walk in free agency only to end up forcing a pick and drafting one where we shouldn't. But he, we likely bring back our WR1 who maybe have quit on this team at the end of the year.  PSYCHED. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acowboys62 said:

I cannot wait for us to tag our Franchise QB and have him miss valuable camp time with a new coaching staff in place and for us to let our CB1 walk in free agency only to end up forcing a pick and drafting one where we shouldn't. But he, we likely bring back our WR1 who maybe have quit on this team at the end of the year.  PSYCHED. 

As much as the Joneses have cost themselves in the long-run by stalling to try to win negotiations (Dez, D-Law, Dak, etc), I really do hope we play hard ball with Amari

• Like 1