2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

Finally addressing the interior DL.  Obviously this will help out our LB Corp immensely.  Do u guys think that because of Gregory’s pending reinstatement that will not make the Boys FO go after another DE like Harrison?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chumpy said:

Finally addressing the interior DL.  Obviously this will help out our LB Corp immensely.  Do u guys think that because of Gregory’s pending reinstatement that will not make the Boys FO go after another DE like Harrison?

You mean another DT? I'm willing to bet they role with McCoy, Poe, and Woods in the middle with a JAG or two behind them. 

I think Crawford, Randy Gregory, Armstrong, and some of last years rookies are the plan opposite DLaw. They have come out and said the are not interested in Everson Griffen.

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You mean another DT? I'm willing to bet they role with McCoy, Poe, and Woods in the middle with a JAG or two behind them. 

I think Crawford, Randy Gregory, Armstrong, and some of last years rookies are the plan opposite DLaw. They have come out and said the are not interested in Everson Griffen.

Also read a while back that Tomsula doesnt like to rotate his guys as much as Rod. Could see some of our guys play more snaps that usual.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d rather have Snacks because he’s a better player, but I’ll be happy with Poe. Regardless, get a real NT and finally address the spot we’ve openly ignored for well over a decade.

If we sign him, I don't think you will feel like Poe was an answer for very long. I'm not at all convinced that a major upgrade over Woods.

49 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d rather have Snacks because he’s a better player, but I’ll be happy with Poe. Regardless, get a real NT and finally address the spot we’ve openly ignored for well over a decade.

This is about where I'm at. I actually think Poe ranks 4th of the 4 DTs we are looking at. Suh and Pennel would mess with the comp pick formula. Snacks and Poe will not. So probably the most expensive 1T vs. the cheapest 1T of those four. You know which one we will choose.

But as you said, I'm just happy they are doing something. Looks like they are keeping their comp picks intact as well. 

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If we sign him, I don't think you will feel like Poe was an answer for very long. I'm not at all convinced that a major upgrade over Woods.

Woods is ok when he is healthy, and you could argue the same with Poe. I would bring in both and hope to get a full season out of the duo. 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:51 AM, quiller said:

that puts us right at the top edge and leaves Zero wiggle room draft day and after to bring in anyone 

and YES Jones wants to make money and frankly there is very little evidence spending all your cap = going super bowl 

Interesting take

• Like 1