2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Remember when I said he would replace our entire dl  (aside from tank) for the cost of Byron Jones? 

I thought you all like the trenches. 

If we can add someone at DE...might feel a little bit more comfortable. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No I didnt. I said I wanted to keep quinn. But I thought there was a possibility he might price himself off our roster. 

You said specifically we could keep Quinn as well as add 2 new DT's all for the price of Byron. Which had me reply with the rumor's that we were moving on from both Byron and Quinn and I asked what would be the point?

17 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Woods is ok when he is healthy, and you could argue the same with Poe. I would bring in both and hope to get a full season out of the duo. 

I’m fine with bringing him in. I just don’t think he’s a “finally we address 1T!” kind of guy, at least any more than Cedric Thornton or Stephen Paea were. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m fine with bringing him in. I just don’t think he’s a “finally we address 1T!” kind of guy, at least any more than Cedric Thornton or Stephen Paea were. 

Poe has been more productive than either of those two. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Poe has been more productive than either of those two. 

So has Vince Wilfork. Would you be excited about signing him? 

Poe hasn't been that productive for a while, only played about half the snaps in Carolina when healthy, and ended last season on IR with a torn quad.

Right now, he's an alright player who adds to the roster. I just don't buy into this "finally!" hype, and I don't expect his contract to be a very large or long one.

39 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

So has Vince Wilfork. Would you be excited about signing him? 

Poe hasn't been that productive for a while, only played about half the snaps in Carolina when healthy, and ended last season on IR with a torn quad.

Right now, he's an alright player who adds to the roster. I just don't buy into this "finally!" hype, and I don't expect his contract to be a very large or long one.

Well, no...but he’s an upgrade over what we’ve had (though that isn’t saying much). It’s also why I wouldn’t rule out DT in the 1st. Neither he nor McCoy are long-term options.

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Remember when I said he would replace our entire dl  (aside from tank) for the cost of Byron Jones? 

I thought you all like the trenches. 

Considering where the team stands we could have signed Jones and still replaced our 3/4 of our DL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not if you want to extend Dak + a draft class + fill out the rest of the roster. We only have $24m left. 

Dak’s cap number ($30.14m) is already accounted for in that $24m. If he’s signed to an extension his cap hit goes down or marginally changes

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 3