2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

you forgot to add Dak is gonna get big bucks..

Dak was tagged, and it sounds like a 4 year deal maybe 5 if he does get big bucks. Which imo is a HUGE win. The last thing those who were/are skeptical of paying Dak wanted was some crazy  Jerry special, 10 year $40M per,  life long package with automatic bid in the ROH like you wanted before last season even started.

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Honestly though It's not all bad. we finally have a potentially good SS.. 

NO MORE HEATH !

Two DTs that are big and Fat.. something we wanted forever..

NO MORE HEATH..

Still have good Cap room.. 

we resigned LP..

and almost forgot.

NO MORE HEATH !

Dix is a FS I believe. He is known for plus coverage skills and underwhelming physicality.

So Woods will have to play SS. Which is still an upgrade from Heath 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dix is a FS I believe. He is known for plus coverage skills and underwhelming physicality.

So Woods will have to play SS. Which is still an upgrade from Heath 

I need to find the thread on Twitter again...but the author pointed out that Poe and McCoy weren't on the field at the same time when Carolina allowed most of their big runs. They also lost Kuechly which was a big loss for them. 

Those two are still massive upgrades from anything we've had in the middle of our DL for some time. I would like to see Crawford take a pay cut, but if we're being honest it really doesn't hurt us. If he stays healthy, he's an asset in the run game. Clinton-Dix and Woods is a massive improvement at safety. Losing Jones & Quinn hurts, but if we can get better up front we should get by with average corner play. It also pays to mention that FA isn't over yet, and players like Jason Verrett, Clowney, Golden, Wake, Griffen, etc. are still out there. They can still upgrade CB and DE. 

Losing Frederick sucks, but we got Looney back...who was our starting center the last time we went to the playoffs. So it's not like he sucks. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

also how is philly 27 under? Haven't they been aggressively signing players for the last few years or so for big contracts??

same for Washington..

Look at 2021: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Eagles are $25mm over the cap.  They're in the most dire cap situation by far.  They also have the highest cap hit in 2022.

27 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

also how is philly 27 under? Haven't they been aggressively signing players for the last few years or so for big contracts??

same for Washington..

Remember when we used to keep restructure and "kick the can"; thats what the Eagles are doing. 

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think they're waiting to let some of these guys prices come down. 

I imagine we add a DE and CB before the draft. 

Like Clowney who’s price is said to be around 20 mil annual. Imagine grabbing him at like 18 mil with a steady increase annually?