2020 Cowboys Free Agency

WizardHawk

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Coming off 2 injury shortened seasons and a down year in general last year, I wonder how much Brandon Scherff is going to cost?  Is this considered over kill on the OL?

I would be for this. BUT I am pro signing all of our own guys. Amari, Byron, even Quinn. I want them all back. It won't be cheap but it's absolutely doable. Dak will get paid, either a tag or a long term deal. They probably want a long deal on Dak and make the first few years cheap hits. Then front load Amari, Byron, and hopefully Quinn.

IF we have money after that, I'm all for signing him if he truly comes at a discount. 

Also, I obviously don't believe in OL overkill. 

Edited by DaBoys

25 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Can the compensation from a team trading for franchised player be negotiated,   or is it set in stone they trade (2) 1st's?   

The 2 first rounder is forcefully taking the player. If they negotiate, its just a trade. And yes, tagged players can be traded.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The 2 first rounder is forcefully taking the player. If they negotiate, its just a trade. And yes, tagged players can be traded.

But they can also not agree to the trade. We wouldn't be able to tag and trade Dak for example to a team like Miami. He would just say no like Clowney did.

14 hours ago, D82 said:

We're probably going to have to tag Dak...so...

I don't get the point of that.  He sits out.  We pay him anyways, and he's behind.    What are we waiting for?   Dak to blow his knee out.   We're gonna have to  pay him and it gets more expensive the longer we wait.    I don't think he's a top 5 qb,  but the fact is if you are top 15 and it's your time,  you usually set the market.  What realistic options do we have besides Dak? 

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I don't get the point of that.  He sits out.  We pay him anyways, and he's behind.    What are we waiting for?   Dak to blow his knee out.   We're gonna have to  pay him and it gets more expensive the longer we wait.    I don't think he's a top 5 qb,  but the fact is if you are top 15 and it's your time,  you usually set the market.  What realistic options do we have besides Dak? 

Realistically? Sucking for a year and hoping for a high enough pick to take a shot at a qb, wasting a season of most of these players primes while starting a journeyman, a way over the hill vet, or our boy Cooper. #Rushtothepodium

Honestly, as much as I wanted these negotiations to end with dak taking a deal closer to 30 than 40, being a suck *** team again is not something I'm really into. At this point you're locked into paying Dak. Top 15 qbs dont just walk thru the door. And if he hit the open market some team will give him wayyyyy too much. So just get him signed so the front office can adjust to cap life with a highly paid qb and the team can get moving on other offseason needs.