Jump to content

2020 Cowboys Free Agency


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Coming off 2 injury shortened seasons and a down year in general last year, I wonder how much Brandon Scherff is going to cost?  Is this considered over kill on the OL?

12 could maybe get him for around 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Coming off 2 injury shortened seasons and a down year in general last year, I wonder how much Brandon Scherff is going to cost?  Is this considered over kill on the OL?

What was "down" about his season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Coming off 2 injury shortened seasons and a down year in general last year, I wonder how much Brandon Scherff is going to cost?  Is this considered over kill on the OL?

I would be for this. BUT I am pro signing all of our own guys. Amari, Byron, even Quinn. I want them all back. It won't be cheap but it's absolutely doable. Dak will get paid, either a tag or a long term deal. They probably want a long deal on Dak and make the first few years cheap hits. Then front load Amari, Byron, and hopefully Quinn.

 

IF we have money after that, I'm all for signing him if he truly comes at a discount. 

 

 

Also, I obviously don't believe in OL overkill. 

Edited by DaBoys
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Can the compensation from a team trading for franchised player be negotiated,   or is it set in stone they trade (2) 1st's?   

The 2 first rounder is forcefully taking the player. If they negotiate, its just a trade. And yes, tagged players can be traded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The 2 first rounder is forcefully taking the player. If they negotiate, its just a trade. And yes, tagged players can be traded.

But they can also not agree to the trade. We wouldn't be able to tag and trade Dak for example to a team like Miami. He would just say no like Clowney did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, D82 said:

We're probably going to have to tag Dak...so...

I don't get the point of that.  He sits out.  We pay him anyways, and he's behind.    What are we waiting for?   Dak to blow his knee out.   We're gonna have to  pay him and it gets more expensive the longer we wait.    I don't think he's a top 5 qb,  but the fact is if you are top 15 and it's your time,  you usually set the market.  What realistic options do we have besides Dak? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I don't get the point of that.  He sits out.  We pay him anyways, and he's behind.    What are we waiting for?   Dak to blow his knee out.   We're gonna have to  pay him and it gets more expensive the longer we wait.    I don't think he's a top 5 qb,  but the fact is if you are top 15 and it's your time,  you usually set the market.  What realistic options do we have besides Dak? 

Realistically? Sucking for a year and hoping for a high enough pick to take a shot at a qb, wasting a season of most of these players primes while starting a journeyman, a way over the hill vet, or our boy Cooper. #Rushtothepodium

 

Honestly, as much as I wanted these negotiations to end with dak taking a deal closer to 30 than 40, being a suck *** team again is not something I'm really into. At this point you're locked into paying Dak. Top 15 qbs dont just walk thru the door. And if he hit the open market some team will give him wayyyyy too much. So just get him signed so the front office can adjust to cap life with a highly paid qb and the team can get moving on other offseason needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...