Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

We shouldn't hire Stefanski just because he may have been the right candidate within last year's coaching candidate pool. 

I hope Jim Schwartz and others get the proper consideration as does Stefanski himself.

Still on Baker's rookie deal, a make or break year coming up for Baker, young players becoming veterans, and salary cap flexibility still existent if we don't get this hire right it very well could reset us back to the limbo existence of prior Browns insanity.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I trust DePodesta because he has been involved in the front office in pro sports since the late 90’s and because his level of intelligence is on another level.

As for anyone who voted for Freddie....

He has found success in baseball, he has experienced nothing but epic failure in football.

i have had decades of experience in the kitchen and make a mean bologna sandwich.

That does not qualify me to make coq ai vin.

39 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

He has found success in baseball, he has experienced nothing but epic failure in football.

i have had decades of experience in the kitchen and make a mean bologna sandwich.

He wanted the current Bills HC when we hired Hue and was against Freddie. So we really can’t call him a failure in football. He was after all part of a CFL grey cup winning team. The Haslims are the failure 

35 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

My buddy is freaking out because he says DePo wanted Trubisky instead of Garrett and that alone should disqualify him from picking a head coach. I don’t remember that at all. Anyone else?

There was a lot of chatter leading up to the draft that they were gonna pass on Myles.  I think it came out as all smoke tho.  

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Furthermore, his inability to hire a successful manager is reportedly what cost him his GM job with the LA Dodgers. 

I've read several reports that this current Browns HC selection process has been very sloppy and disorganized. Guess who has been in charge of the process?

4 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Furthermore, his inability to hire a successful manager is reportedly what cost him his GM job with the LA Dodgers. 

I've read several reports that this current Browns HC selection process has been very sloppy and disorganized. Guess who has been in charge of the process?

Links?

7 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Let’s not kid ourselves though, Jimmy Haslam is the one who is making final decisions on pulling the trigger.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Links?

Seriously? Dodgers manager Jim Tracy used an escape clause to get out of his contract because he couldn't stand GM DePodesta. DePodesta then got fired in the middle of a managerial search because owner Frank McCourt (kind of a Jimmy Truckstop in Baseball) didn't like the candidates. It was as dysfunctional as Berea. Do you want links to prove that Berea is dysfunctional?

There have been tweets in this very thread with reports mentioning that this current selection process has been all over the map and poorly planned out.

16 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Seriously? Dodgers manager Jim Tracy used an escape clause to get out of his contract because he couldn't stand GM DePodesta.

So because a dude didn’t like DePodesta at his last job, he’s bad at his current job? I’ll file this nugget of info away under “utterly irrelevant”.

DePodesta then got fired in the middle of a managerial search because owner Frank McCourt (kind of a Jimmy Truckstop in Baseball) didn't like the candidates.

So an owner who’s in over his head doesn’t like the candidates so they were bad candidates? 

Reports have DePo as liking McDermott and Stefanski for the last two jobs.  McDermott is a top young coach right now and who knows what Stefanski is, but it’s hard to imagine it going worse than Kitchens.

It was as dysfunctional as Berea. Do you want links to prove that Berea is dysfunctional?

Did the dysfunction start when DePodesta got here?  Smooth sailing till then huh?

There have been tweets in this very thread with reports mentioning that this current selection process has been all over the map and poorly planned out.

Which ones?  I’ve seen tweets about scheduling, potential targets, etc. but nothing about a dysfunction process.  Did I miss it?  (Definitely possible). What page?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So because a dude didn’t like DePodesta at his last job, he’s bad at his current job? I’ll file this nugget of info away under “utterly irrelevant”.

So an owner who’s in over his head doesn’t like the candidates so they were bad candidates? 

Reports have DePo as liking McDermott and Stefanski for the last two jobs.  McDermott is a top young coach right now and who knows what Stefanski is, but it’s hard to imagine it going worse than Kitchens.

Did the dysfunction start when DePodesta got here?  Smooth sailing till then huh?

Which ones?  I’ve seen tweets about scheduling, potential targets, etc. but nothing about a dysfunction process.  Did I miss it?  (Definitely possible). What page?

The Dodgers weren't his last job. Moneyball was a nice Hollywood story. Billy Beane was the star and got played by Brad Pitt. DePo was a nice right-hand man. DePo's track record everywhere else since then hasn't been exactly superstardom. He has also held key roles in many bad organizations. 

I didn't pin the pages and I really don't have the time to read the thread all over again. The Tweeters may not be credible and may be stirring up trouble hence why I put "reportedly". It's in there if you want to have a look. They may be accurate or inaccurate much like reports of DePo wanting McDermott or Stefanski.