Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

36 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m just wondering who really does fit that criteria at this point, amongst legitimate Cleveland Browns head coaching candidates. In my mind is not Josh McDaniels. Maybe Stefanski? I think there are questions there also. Not Greg Roman. Someone like Jim Caldwell or another second or third chance head coach, where we at least know what we are getting, is my reluctant best bet. I’m at a loss and at a point where I just want the head coach to be named.

The "Criteria" has kind of been set by Jimmy Haslam indirectly. As long as Paul DePodesta and Jimmy Haslam are involved the "Criteria" is 1-part what the team needs; 1-part what a coach needs in order to survive the negatives of Haslam/ownership; and 1-part what a coach needs to work collaboratively with an analytics department:

1.) Team needs leadership and someone that can command respect and implement an accountability structure

2.) Team needs vision and daily habits development

3.) Team needs a coach that won't just make emotional decisions (i.e., "we're taking the ball first to prove a point")

4.) Team-Offense needs staffing/coaches to get the most out of Baker and others

5.) Coach needs to not suffer from ego tripping, ego-mania, or be susceptible to political in-fighting causing Jimmy to blow things up.

6.) Coach needs to be secure and not deterred by the provoking of political infighting or short-sighted "we might be fired" decision-making caused by Jimmy Haslam having side-talks with people that inevitably get back to the head coach and their staff.

7.) Coach needs to have an affinity for analytics or at least be willing to collaboratively work with Paul DePo or people of his status.

8.) Coach has to have the discipline to not provoke media narratives and/or the coach has to have the emotional discipline to not throw players under the buss or blame others in times of high stress.

9.) Coach has to have the depth of thinking and planning, as well as a learning program in order for the searching committee to believe they can one day create a sustainable culture of winning

----

No Candidates are perfects

Candidates that by all accounts most fulfill the Criteria are: Jim Schwartz, Kevin Stefanski, and Brian Daboll.

Candidates that by all accounts fulfill many of the Criteria well but are lacking severely in key elements: Eric Bieniemy and Josh McDaniels

Candidates that by all accounts least fulfill the Criteria: Greg Roman and Robert Saleh

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To this day I’m not %100 sure if @Mind Character actually knows what tf he’s talking about or is the most long winded troll in the history of internetz.

There's a multi-verse of additional options that you're missing ..

Here's one randomly selected option amongst myriads regarding who I truly am:

source.gif

Edited by Mind Character

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I want PJ Fleck. He’s gonna be the man everyone wants in a few years. 

A lot of people in the NFL including former scouts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks believe that Fleck's "Row the boat" and "cliche"/"catch-phrase"/"corny" style leadership may be perceived as inauthentic/forced/amateurish or won't fall on receptive ears amongst NFL players.

He's an elite culture leader on the college level, but there's a lot of questions regarding if his brand of culture building can translate.

I'm very interested to see if it can, and I think you're right that he'll be the hot name in the future.

Who knows what happens in the end,  but one things for sure is that Fleck would need seasoned, vet NFL types all around his staff to help maintain buy-in for his program.

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s %90 BS and %10 truth sprinkled in to make it sound somewhat legit. 

Haters gon' hate.

I'd respect it if the hatin was better, more seasoned, and more refined like:

giphy.gif

The word of a Charlatans has as much worth to me as a critique of King Kai ...

... be gone Charlatan ... be gone ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

All will soon discover, Jimmy has put on a charade of a coaching search and a façade that it has been well thought out when all along he had his pants tingles for Josh McDaniels, the final interview.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence Mcdaniels is last. If there’s anybody who is likely to have success from the BB tree it’d be Mcdaniels. He’s been with him for an eternity, so you’d think there would be *some* trade secrets he’s picked up on.

Here’s some guys he might bring with him.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/if-he-gets-the-browns-job-theres-a-chance-josh-mcdaniels-wont-be-the-only-patriot-coming-home