Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

For the last 2 decades, I’ve always felt like we were

1. Out talented

2. Out schemed

This was every ******* Sunday. Now, thanks to Sashi and Dorsey I feel we will no longer be out-talented. With Mcdaniels I feel we will no longer be out-schemed. When things get tough, I want a coach who can muster together a drive and players who can make things happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

For the last 2 decades, I’ve always felt like we were

1. Out talented

2. Out schemed

This was every ******* Sunday. Now, thanks to Sashi and Dorsey I feel we will no longer be out-talented. With Mcdaniels I feel we will no longer be out-schemed. When things get tough, I want a coach who can muster together a drive and players who can make things happen.

I feel like we’ve had talent but game planning and game management has screwed us over. The last 2 years we had playoff talent but the coaches prep work and game management were abysmal. And I can’t even count how many games we lost due to poor clock management. Hue lost just about every game due to that. So that’s what I’m worried about. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

No one that knows football has any doubts that Josh McDaniels has a brilliant offensive mind or doubts that he has a next level understanding of scheme.

What is at question is leadership, emotional discipline, relational maturity, ability to resist the negative influence of power when adversity hits, and ability to work collaboratively with others when adversity hits and he's in the seat of power.

Without those things, no amount of scheming and offensive knowledge will lead to sustainable winning.

As great as McDaniels is, scheme-wise there are better fits based on our roster talent. That is, coaches that utilize more play action and build their scheme around zone running and blocking concepts. That to me is where our roster's strength lie.

That's not McDaniels is unable to adapt his scheme to personnel but coaches have their preferences and Josh's preferences don't lend themselves as well in terms of a scheme-roster fit as other candidates. 

The play-action, zone run, run first, QB left and right independent movement, and pocket movement align with what our offensive players strength are. That offense is the Stefanski-Kubiak offense: https://zonecoverage.com/2019/minnesota-vikings-news/why-kevin-stefanski-might-be-the-nfls-next-great-offensive-coach/

Edited by Mind Character

14 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

This is worth the read.  Doerschuk (or someone he trusts) supposedly knows the McDaniels family, so he probably has some decent scoopage on a few things.

I think the idea of downsizing in assistants and coaches is smart. It prevents leaks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think the idea of downsizing in assistants and coaches is smart. It prevents leaks.

I remember this being pointed out during the browns pats games. The amount of coaches NE had vs us. They had like half the amount. Too many voices or something like that. 

• Like 1

The Haslam's have heavily invested in a particular football operations supports/approaches including the hiring of particular types of Strength/Sports Science people as well as Analytics/Data Scientist experts.

To get McDaniels, they'll likely have to let Josh remake those major components of the organization in his image and vision.

Jimmy has represented steadfast belief in the organization's football operations support department.

If indeed McDaniels is going to recommend total sweeping changes to such parts of the organization, it will be interesting to see if ownership capitulates to such job requirements.

If the Haslam's do, it would be a rebuke of a lot of the work they thought was their best. McDaniels and Chris Ballard reportedly had disagreements regarding support staffs in terms of Strength/Sports Performance and other football operations departments. 

If Truckstop is going to let McDaniels change everything, then he might as well  give him a 7-year contract like Matt Rhule so that ownership will have to live with his decision a little longer than the 1 to 3-year hook. Then, if the plight of the Browns doesn't change during McDaniels' long-tenure, the Haslam's could then sell the team and put us all out our misery.

Edited by Mind Character