The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

On 1/11/2020 at 7:29 AM, GBHalas said:

I would think that they keep Fitzgerald around to maybe start for the kid or at least be a mentor for him.  By the time they need a good backup Rosen would be getting close to coming a free agent.

Not only that, I think the Dolphins front office still views just about everybody on their roster as tradable. 

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Hypothetically speaking (extremely hypothetical because I don't think Cincinnati is trading out of their franchise qb draft slot) BUT.... what do you think it'd cost us to move to #1 for Burrow? 

At least 2 first round picks, plus our two 2nd rounders this year, probably more though.  I'd say three 1st rounders plus the two 2nds.

24 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Hypothetically speaking (extremely hypothetical because I don't think Cincinnati is trading out of their franchise qb draft slot) BUT.... what do you think it'd cost us to move to #1 for Burrow? 

I offered any 3 Bears on the Roster.

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Where was Burrows before this year?

How did he get so good over night?

He looks 10x better than Tua on his best day.  And everyone was gushing about Tua last Summer.

Situation, situation, situation.  How many people have fell through the cracks?  

So he transfers from Ohio State choosing between Cincinnati and LSU. Then has a rather pedestrian first year at LSU.

Then they revamp offense and he works really hard and is best single season QB ever.

1) He could have stayed at Ohio St. and just got his degree and moved on with his life.

2) He could have picked Cincinnati or LSU could have passed and likely we would never have heard of him.

3) LSU could have landed some 5 star recruit and ditched Burrow for the big name.  Like Michigan did to Tom Brady with, what his name, ... Drew Henson?  Something like that.  Dude was a high school legend.  Nobody would have said anything about it.   

4) They could have not changed their offense.  

• Like 1

Looks like James Morgan is attracting too much attention at the East West Shrine game for the Bears to get him under the radar.  I really like this kid as a 5th round option, but at this rate he will be moving up people's boards

On 1/14/2020 at 3:57 PM, topwop1 said:

At least 2 first round picks, plus our two 2nd rounders this year, probably more though.  I'd say three 1st rounders plus the two 2nds.

That's basically what I'm throwing out there for Lawrence in 2021, I'd do the same for this year for Burrow. 

Especially with Flip in the mix. 

• Like 1

For FA I'm on board with signing some Keenum level producer, and think that using the Bears 4th-5th round picks on some flyer project QB makes sense, but outside of some unlikely fall of Tua, are there any other QBs that could be available in round 2 for the Bears that you'd like to see?  I am not a huge fan, but feel like Fromm might get Nagy's attention as someone who can execute the offense and count to 1-2.  Hurts freaks me out but I can see why people think he's a winner. Eason is interesting but could totally see the Smoking Jacob meme's writing themselves. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:
uzfHIyoh_normal.jpg

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur
· 16h
For your draft boards at home: #Raiders gave a conditional 5th to #Bears that became at 7th. Raiders have 7 picks: 2 in 1st round 3 in 3rd round 1 in 4th round 1 in 5th round

Bears

4 comp
6 Howard
7 Mack

So we got a 7th instead of a 5th?  Damn that's weak.

• Like 1