The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Are you both referring to Hunter or Harrison? There are 2 Bryant's who are TE's in this draft.

Hunter will never be much of a blocker, imo. Harrison has the size to improve there. He reminds me of Hooper. Hunter reminds me of Engram.

Harrison is the only one I would be interested in that high.

6 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

If Anthony Gordon is there in the 3rd and Pace gets a rumbling that he's going to be picked up soon... Does he pull the trigger? Would you?

With what 3rd round pick?

And if you mean a trade up, please no. He trades up way too much. He should be trading down at this point. 

Edited by beardown3231

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

With what 3rd round pick?

And if you mean a trade up, please no. He trades up way too much. He should be trading down at this point. 

I forgot we have no 3rd. I'm dumb.

What about in the 4th? No trade ups or anything.

1 minute ago, The_Romen said:

I forgot we have no 3rd. I'm dumb.

What about in the 4th? No trade ups or anything.

The 4th is a comp pick and will likely be the last pick of the 4th. If he's there, sure I'd take him.

Knowing Pace's eye for QB talent as opposed to other talent- specifically late (Jackson, Kwiatkoski, Amos, Cohen, Howard, etc)- I'd rather see him take another position. 

Hopefully the new regime then can safely use their 1- and maybe other picks- to get their guy in 2021.

I vaguely recall Nagy talking about how much he liked Nick Foles during the draft process, and how he had a positive grade on Gardner Minshew. I think if/when we draft another QB (be it in 2020 or 2021) Nagy will be heavily involved -- as he should be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, G08 said:

I vaguely recall Nagy talking about how much he liked Nick Foles during the draft process, and how he had a positive grade on Gardner Minshew. I think if/when we draft another QB (be it in 2020 or 2021) Nagy will be heavily involved -- as he should be.

Not sure that's a great endorsement of Nagy's ability to evaluate QB prospects...

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Not sure that's a great endorsement of Nagy's ability to evaluate QB prospects...

I'm not a Nagy apologist but Foles is a former SB MVP and has produced at a high level.

And Minshew looked pretty good for 6th round rookie.

That’s Senior Bowl’s Jim Nagy not our HC, but Aiyuk is my guy. My obvious alma mater bias doesn’t make me wrong in thinking his explosiveness combined with size opposite ARob makes him a sprint to the podium pick if he makes it to 43 (which he could in this absurdly loaded WR class). Gonna run a 4.4 or faster. We need game breaking speed that isn’t In the form of an East-West running scat back. Aiyuk’s speed isn’t going to be available in FA. TEs fitting our immediate need are, and we need both. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s Senior Bowl’s Jim Nagy not our HC, but Aiyuk is my guy. My obvious alma mater bias doesn’t make me wrong in thinking his explosiveness combined with size opposite ARob makes him a sprint to the podium pick if he makes it to 43 (which he could in this absurdly loaded WR class). Gonna run a 4.4 or faster. We need game breaking speed that isn’t In the form of an East-West running scat back. Aiyuk’s speed isn’t going to be available in FA. TEs fitting our immediate need are, and we need both. 

WR is a luxury pick the Bears can’t really afford at this point. We need to see what the young guys can do.

OL, TE, LB/EDGE, and CB need to be prioritized  this offseason.

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

WR is a luxury pick the Bears can’t really afford at this point. We need to see what the young guys can do.

OL, TE, LB/EDGE, and CB need to be prioritized  this offseason.

I respectfully completely disagree. We don’t have anyone on the roster who threatens the opponent vertically. Without that defenses are going to continue to sit on the short and mid range routes and make life more difficult on our QB and play caller. The difference that the speed of guys like Hill, Hardman and Deebo make and the things that speed opens up for everyone is something we don’t have at all. As of right now going into 2020 we have:

Allen Robinson - stud 

Anthony Miller - up and down through 2 years, and coming off another shoulder surgery that will keep him out of most if not all of the offseason program again

Taylor Gabriel - averaging 10.8 ypc across 2 years in Chicago and a strong cut candidate 

Riley Ridley - almost no PT as a rookie 

Javon Wims - just a guy 

You’re good with that? I’m not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I respectfully completely disagree. We don’t have anyone on the roster who threatens the opponent vertically. Without that defenses are going to continue to sit on the short and mid range routes and make life more difficult on our QB and play caller. The difference that the speed of guys like Hill, Hardman and Deebo make and the things that speed opens up for everyone is something we don’t have at all. As of right now going into 2020 we have:

Allen Robinson - stud 

Anthony Miller - up and down through 2 years, and coming off another shoulder surgery that will keep him out of most if not all of the offseason program again

Taylor Gabriel - averaging 10.8 ypc across 2 years in Chicago and a strong cut candidate 

Riley Ridley - almost no PT as a rookie 

Javon Wims - just a guy 

You’re good with that? I’m not. 

I am not either and would like to add some speed.

If they spend a 2nd round pick on a dynamic WR I do not have an issue with that as it adds to the offense. The Bears generate almost no YAC yards and that has to change in a West Coast system.

• Like 1