The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

i dont really see it as a poor pick...

It's a perfect situation for a toolsy QB who needs to learn about making better decisions.... He's got years to sit learning behind ARod..... and taking shots on QBs before they're an immediate need is how they got Favre--->Rodgers and have been kicking our collective butts for two decades.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Well, the same was said for Flynn and Brohm. I wasn't being a smartass, I was just adding onto your point

First round QBs have the best shot to be successful. I’m worried they found another good QB. The glimmer of hope is that neither the Pats nor the Saints tried to get him.

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

i dont really see it as a poor pick...

It's a perfect situation for a toolsy QB who needs to learn about making better decisions.... He's got years to sit learning behind ARod..... and taking shots on QBs before they're an immediate need is how they got Favre--->Rodgers and have been kicking our collective butts for two decades.

The bad pick part of it IMO is that they’re in a win now situation and made a pick that doesn’t help that. 

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

First round QBs have the best shot to be successful. I’m worried they found another good QB. The glimmer of hope is that neither the Pats nor the Saints tried to get him.

How is that a glimmer of hope? I'd much rather they get him if he pans out than GB

• Like 1

Realistically Rodgers would have to renegotiate his deal to be traded before 2023 IMO, but if he does that he will want to have the say on what teams he will allow himself to be traded to. It's going to be interesting to see what he does. He sure as hell isn't going to a bottom feeder.