The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

I dunno the trades today looked pretty cheap overall. Especially the Chargers/Pats trade. 

They were but the "value" with our remaining 5, 6, 6, 7 and 7 picks are crap. Unless we throw in a future pick but I really want to avoid that this season.

Just now, G08 said:

They were but the "value" with our remaining 5, 6, 6, 7 and 7 picks are crap. Unless we throw in a future pick but I really want to avoid that this season.

That's true. I guess if we had another mid round pick it would make it easier

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I didn't think Swift would be the first RB taken, but I sure as hell wouldn't have guessed Edwards-Helaire would be the one to jump him though. 

Edwards Helaire was my 2nd fav rb on my board

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The only way to move up now would be to throw in a player like Arob or Hicks.

We need to move down to gain more capital at this point. IMO

Trade up is still feasible, just would need two or three picks coming back. So we could do 43 and 50 to CIN for 33, 65 and 180. Seems unlikely though. I would much prefer trading back and trying to pick up a 3rd and/or 4th.

Easy for me to say without knowing how their board looks but Bears should look to trade down and accumulate more darts IMO.

No one player really jumps at me that's a must get but at the same time there is still lots of good talent remaining.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Easy for me to say without knowing how their board looks but Bears should look to trade down and accumulate more darts IMO.

No one player really jumps at me that's a must get but at the same time there is still lots of good talent remaining.

This is what I'm going through as well right now.

Just now, Orange&Blue said:

Trade up is still feasible, just would need two or three picks coming back. So we could do 43 and 50 to CIN for 33, 65 and 180. Seems unlikely though. I would much prefer trading back and trying to pick up a 3rd and/or 4th.

We don't have the reasonable amount of assets to trade up at this point without also giving up one of our best players. Which, in turn, would open up another need to fill. 

Yeah, we need to trade back into the 3rd/4th. 

7 minutes ago, Zopound said:

Dollars to donuts Pace trades up. 

I keep on saying it but I wouldn't like it at ALL unless some miracle happens and we swindle our way into something. (Call BOB)

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I like this list:

I say no to a safety in the 2nd? Much more pressing needs than that. Corner I would be fine with and Diggs and MAYBE Jaylon are the only players be fine with. Other than that, the offense needs to be fixed.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Well, that takes care of the first round.

List out 18 players that you like and we'll have to figure out if we would rather have 2 players on that list, or one of them in a trade down.

Guys I like that I’d take in round 2, in the order I’d pick them by position group:

RB: Swift, Dobbins

WR: Pittman, Shenault, Hamler

OT: Jones, Cleveland, Niang

IOL: Cushenberry, Simpson, Hunt 

EDGE: Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Uche, Baun

CB Johnson, Diggs, Fulton, Dantzler 

S McKinney, Winfield, Delpit, Chinn, Dugger

That’s 24 guys, and doesn’t include guys I fully expect are likely go in round 2 who I think are off our radar or in whom I have no interest in round 2 (Hurts, Eason, Blacklock, Higgins, Davidson, Kmet, J. Taylor, L. Wilson).

Needless to say, I’d be very comfortable with us trading back. I think the chances are great we’d still get 2 of these guys plus others I like in round 3 and/or 4. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1