The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

23 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Let’s say picks 33-42 do not go the Bears way at all.  How would you guys feel about drafting AJ Epenesa?

With all the talent still available at 43 I can really see the Bears trade out of that spot and take the BPA at 50 in order to get back into the third and or the fourth round.

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure I want a 5’9 safety or a safety at all in 2nd.  We need offensive players - playmakers and physical linemen.  

If he's Tyrann Mathieu 2.0- and that's certainly who he plays like- I'm good with a 5'9 safety.

26 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Let’s say picks 33-42 do not go the Bears way at all.  How would you guys feel about drafting AJ Epenesa?

No thanks. IMO he will be a solid player for a long time, but they have their pass rushers. Let's go out and improve a bad offense (unless Delpit, Winfield or Diggs are there)

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Josh Jones is the value. This is a freaky OT draft. He is a top 25 pick in most drafts. The Bengals probably have to pick him.

Agree. If he somehow were to get to 43, he has to be the pick.

27 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Wow you just gave me some pretty rough flashbacks.  I’d totally forgotten about Steltz.

My dad always thought he was the steal of that draft.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Like him quite a bit (see I don’t hate all of Iowa football) and I’d be fine with it but I can’t see Pace taking an EDGE that high after the Quinn signing and given our limited resources. His presence at 43 may make for an easier trade down if we want to go that route though. Can see ATL possibly wanting to jump up a few picks for the pass rusher after taking the corner in round 1. That’d only be a 4-pick trade down and would keep us in range for basically our whole remaining 2nd round board. 

I would probably use Espensa as trade bait, but you can 100% pick him. He is a 1st round talent.

But he is a 5 Tech for us and will have a hard time getting reps in 2020.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ba_ba_ba_BOOM said:

All in all I would say the first round went spectacularly well for the Bears. Should be able to get a difference maker, trade back, or both. I am most upset about the Raiders taking my guy Arnette (with our pick, nonetheless).

Looking at it from a different angle, they might have done us a HUGE favor by not taking Jordan Love there, both short term (letting GB take him instead of a 2020 playmaker) and long term (if he’s the next DeShone Kiser and not the next star). 

• Like 1

Just now, WindyCity said:

I would probably use Espensa as trade bait, but you can 100% pick him. He is a 1st round talent.

But he is a 5 Tech for us and will have a hard time getting reps in 2020.

That was my thought too - Nichols is solid and RRH is as well, and Hicks doesn’t appear to be going anywhere any time soon. I love the fit but I don’t think it’s a short term upgrade of consequence. I also think Jones, McKinney, Winfield, Pittman, Jaylon Johnson, Delpit, Diggs and Fulton are 1st round talents and at least one of them if not more should also be there at 43. 

I think at 43 you have to take the best player on your board, not worth the "risk" of losing 7 guys from your pool once you get to 50.

Gun to my head... I think you take a defensive back (corner or safety) at #43 and take your WR at #50. I can understand a trade down as well but... if we get out of this with McKinnie/Winfield/Johnson/Diggs and Claypool/Pittman Jr./Hamler I'd call it a huge win.

Hmm... maybe I would trade out of 43.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think at 43 you have to take the best player on your board, not worth the "risk" of losing 7 guys from your pool once you get to 50.

Gun to my head... I think you take a defensive back (corner or safety) at #43 and take your WR at #50. I can understand a trade down as well but... if we get out of this with McKinnie/Winfield/Johnson/Diggs and Claypool/Pittman Jr./Hamler I'd call it a huge win.

Hmm... maybe I would trade out of 43.

Let’s see the board at 43 then decide lol. I’m still open to trading down from both spots in the right situation. 

Winfield Jr. the player is awesome...his dad is one of my favourite non Bears ever...loved the dog in him...only concern is his injury history...players like Mike Brown & Bob Sanders always worry me but no one can doubt his talent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Let’s see the board at 43 then decide lol. I’m still open to trading down from both spots in the right situation. 

I mean literally as I was typing out the players I liked I was like Jesus Christ there's a lot of talent here...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If he's Tyrann Mathieu 2.0- and that's certainly who he plays like- I'm good with a 5'9 safety.

Mathieu was a Heisman candidate he made so many big, impact plays in college.  Was Winfield that good? 

Also, what are odds a small, hard hitting safety will be hurt during his rookie contract? Wasn’t Mathieu hurt?

Brown, maybe my fav all time Bear, may have cost us a super bowl win with his injuries. 

Do we need another safety right now? Can we score 20 points a game in NFL? Sheesh.