The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Mathieu was a Heisman candidate he made so many big, impact plays in college.  Was Winfield that good? 

Also, what are odds a small, hard hitting safety will be hurt during his rookie contract? Wasn’t Mathieu hurt?

Brown, maybe my fav all time Bear, may have cost us a super bowl win with his injuries. 

Do we need another safety right now? Can we score 20 points a game in NFL? Sheesh. 

Mathieu was a Heisman contender not only for great D but for his ability as a PR. He was electric there. IMO, Winfield *in college* was every bit the DB that Mathieu was.

But yes, I agree on the offense. That's why I said unless a top 25 talent like Diggs, Delpit or Winfield are there, I go WR or iOL (or OT if Jones slips).

Edited by beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Mathieu was a Heisman contender not only for great D but for his ability as a PR. He was electric there. IMO, Winfield *in college* was every bit the DB that Mathieu was.

But yes, I agree on the offense. That's why I said unless a top 25 talent like Diggs, Delpit or Winfield are there, I go WR or iOL.

How much better is Winfield than say Ashytin Davis or Chinn? Who fits Bears better? When will they go? 

7 minutes ago, Zopound said:

Part of me thinks the Diggs rumor is typical Pace and they actually really like Fulton. The had a virtual meeting iirc. If I had to bet, they take Fulton at 43 and trade down from 50 and take bpa WR

I like Fulton but his character concerns make me think Pace isn’t keen on him. Talent is there for sure though. Diggs is dripping with upside but also more raw at the position. Both would be nice adds. 

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

How much better is Winfield than say Ashytin Davis or Chinn? Who fits Bears better? When will they go? 

My only concern about Chinn is the size of the step up from SIU to the NFL in an offseason with no offseason. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

My only concern about Chinn is the size of the step up from SIU to the NFL in an offseason with no offseason. 

Valid. I haven’t seen him. But isn’t he bigger and more athletic?  He probably is a better fit with Jackson and at his size can survive the pounding of playing in box better.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Valid. I haven’t seen him. But isn’t he bigger and more athletic?  He probably is a better fit with Jackson and at his size can survive the pounding of playing in box better.  

I love the fit and won’t be mad if we take him at all - just have tempered 2020 expectations for him. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I love the fit and won’t be mad if we take him at all - just have tempered 2020 expectations for him. 

What I am saying is he might be there in a trade down scenario.  Because he went to SIU.  

I would stick to the big name O players.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Also, we need a good box safety.  Not a rare position to find.  Bush is even adequate.  

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

No love for Xavier McKinney?

I LOOOOOOOVE McKinney for us. He’s the highest floor safety in the draft IMO but probably the lowest ceiling of the top guys. Next to Jackson he’s an ideal fit though and is plug and play for 2020. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I LOOOOOOOVE McKinney for us. He’s the highest floor safety in the draft IMO but probably the lowest ceiling of the top guys. Next to Jackson he’s an ideal fit though and is plug and play for 2020. 

I really like McKinney as well but I just don't see him making it down to us.