The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

With us needing playmakers on offense so bad I'm not going to lie - I really want to make massive swing-for-the-fences picks. 

Either Pace hits home runs or we become the top destination for a new FO. He rebuilt the Bears from trash, but now we need to see if he can make them take the next step. I think Foles was the most sensible but rather low ceiling pick up at QB. Hopefully they don't play the draft as safely. 

• Like 1

With there being a pretty good chance of some talented guys available at 43 and 50, the pessimist in me got me thinking - how could Pace screw this up?  Which players do you think Pace may have his eyes on that would absolutely ruin your Friday evening?

For me it would probably be taking a RB and then someone like Fromm or Eason.

• Like 1

Just now, CBears019 said:

With there being a pretty good chance of some talented guys available at 43 and 50, the pessimist in me got me thinking - how could Pace screw this up?  Which players do you think Pace may have his eyes on that would absolutely ruin your Friday evening?

I wouldn't be opposed to taking a RB with the first pick. But they need to trade down if they want Fromm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Taking a non-premium position like S, RB, IOL.

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

I'm fine with a dynamic RB, I don't feel Montgomery will ever be a top 10 RB. 

Eason I could deal with because he has a high ceiling and we have Flip to work with him for a year at least. 

Fromm... would make me sad. Low ceiling guys are the exact opposite of what we need right now on offense. I'd rather take a chance with Gordon later or Hurts in the 2nd. 

I'd be disappointed with the TEs in the 2nd. I'm not a fan of any of them at this point, unless you're counting Claypool but he is a WR too. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I disagree. McKinney is a lot like HHCD. I don't think that's the ideal fit next to Jackson at all. The ideal fit next to him is Delpit or Chinn.

Delpit is a medicore tackler.

McKinney knocks people over.

• Like 2

Something that I would explore

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[43] and 2[50] to the Cincinnati Bengals for 2[33] and 3[65].

2[33] OT Josh Jones [Houston] 6'5" 319lbs.

3[65] S Terrell Burgess [Utah] 5'11" 202lbs.

48 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

LOL.  AAAAAaaaaaaah!

18 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Lance Zierlein has us mocked to Winfield Jr. and Mims, which I wouldn't be angry about but it has us also passing up Jones and Hunt.  What do you guys think about that?

I think it would be a miracle if Jones fell to us. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

There's a lotttt of talent on the board at positions of need for us.

Xavier McKinney - S
Ezra Cleveland - OT
Antoine Winfield, Jr - S (I realllyyyyy like him)
Tee Higgins - WR
AJ Epenesa - EDGE
Yetur Gross-Matos - EDGE
Grant Delpit - S
Zack Baun - EDGE
Josh Jones - OT
Trevon Diggs -CB
Justin Madubuike - DT (personally I'd have him drop 20 lbs and put him at OLB)
Michael Pittman, Jr - WR
Jaylon Johnson - CB
Denzel Mims - WR
Jeremy Chinn - S
Robert Hunt - OG
Laviska Shenault Jr - WR
Chase Claypool - WR (like him a lot too)
Kyle Dugger - S
Lloyd Cushenberry III - OG
Terrell Lewis - EDGE
KJ Hamler - WR

That's 22 players that I like, so if 9 other players are selected in this window, ostensibly, we should be able to get two of these dudes before pick 63.

Baun would be another Floyd for Bears  He needs to go to Patriots and be a great player there.

Would love Jones, Mims, Hamler or Pittman.   A lot of guys I don't know a lot about this year.

I understand there are quite a lot of safeties worth taking in the second, but I just would not be happy with that selection. We already have invested in a Eddie Jackson and need to look at players that can move the needle on offense or get another DE.