The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Winfield is a lot better than Davis. Chinn is a different player. He's an in the box, Cam Chancellor type

I would take Cam Chancellor 20 something picks after Mathieu with Jackson already on the team.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I disagree. McKinney is a lot like HHCD. I don't think that's the ideal fit next to Jackson at all. The ideal fit next to him is Delpit or Chinn.

I thought knock on Delpit is he can't tackle.  How would that go good with Jackson? 

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I thought knock on Delpit is he can't tackle.  How would that go good with Jackson? 

His 2018 tape was better than his 2019, but yeah he was pretty terrible in that department last season.

I think Bush could be an average 'in the box' SS for us if need be... but at this point we have to take the most talented player available at a position of need. If that winds up being S1 over WR10 then so  be it.

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

His 2018 tape was better than his 2019, but yeah he was pretty terrible in that department last season.

I think Bush could be an average 'in the box' SS for us if need be... but at this point we have to take the most talented player available at a position of need. If that winds up being S1 over WR10 then so  be it.

I mean Jackson tends to miss tackles too.   We would have both our literal 'safety' players as bad tacklers?  

1 minute ago, G08 said:

...do we dare draft a RB? We have Montgomery, Cohen (whose contract is up after this season) and Nall (contract also is up after this season).

We need playmakers and I don't think Montgomery is one. I'd rather go wideout since there is high end talent still available though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

...do we dare draft a RB? We have Montgomery, Cohen (whose contract is up after this season) and Nall (contract also is up after this season).

I certainly would. I think the value there is outstanding with the players on the board still 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

In the open field, McKinney isn't an overly sound tackler either. Delpit was really good there 2 years ago. Maybe he was trying to protect himself in his final season?

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Amos and HHCD have already proven that we don't need a stud at safety. CB is more important.

Fix the offense.

They're not on our team though. We have a massive hole at SS that should be our #1 priority.