The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

I have serious doubts that the Bears are going to take a QB in round 2. I think they are a little more locked into Mitch than most.

But I could see them liking Fromm more than some teams.

-Experienced

-Smart

-Accurate

He is pretty much the anti-Mitch. In an offense based around quick reads and accurate throws it would not surprise me if they were interested. Also, Pace's man crush QB, Drew Brees, is pretty limited physically.

I disagree on Fromm being a potential. Our problem is that Mitch can't hit a pass over 10 yards. Fromm is going to be a D or F level arm talent in the nfl. His ceiling is Josh McCown, imo. A solid likely career backup/stopgap guy. 

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

I disagree on Fromm being a potential. Our problem is that Mitch can't hit a pass over 10 yards. Fromm is going to be a D or F level arm talent in the nfl. His ceiling is Josh McCown, imo. A solid likely career backup/stopgap guy. 

Let's not get carried away. His arm strength isn't stellar, but "D", or "F"? 

Please. By definition (and yours, not mine), he would therefore be unable to play in the NFL. That simply isn't true. If Fromm can't throw a pass beyond ten yards, he couldn't even start in the NCAA. To further muddy that bizarre critique--we've actually seen him play. 

Also, Mitch's problems with passing don't stem from his arm strength, anyway. He has an above average arm, at worst. I'd label it as "strong", but not a cannon. His problem is between his ears. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Let's not get carried away. His arm strength isn't stellar, but "D", or "F"? 

Please. By definition (and yours, not mine), he would therefore be unable to play in the NFL. That simply isn't true. If Fromm can't throw a pass beyond ten yards, he couldn't even start in the NCAA. To further muddy that bizarre critique--we've actually seen him play. 

Also, Mitch's problems with passing don't stem from his arm strength, anyway. He has an above average arm, at worst. I'd label it as "strong", but not a cannon. His problem is between his ears. 

Dane Brugler says Fromm reminds him of a rich man's Cody Kessler and should that be the case, I'm not taking him in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I have serious doubts that the Bears are going to take a QB in round 2. I think they are a little more locked into Mitch than most.

Same, I think we're going the Titans route of signing a vet, telling everyone that Mitch is our QB1, then by week 4 or 5 the vet is starting. 

The only vet QB I'd probably be truly excited about would be Bridgewater, the rest are either ok or don't want. Fully prepared for Andy Dalton to be our starting QB in October 2020, and to be fair, he'd win us more games than Mitch.

I think we take a QB on day three of the draft though.

16 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Mine's going to just be a Rosen thread:

Me: Rosen?

Also Me: Rosen!  

Then it'll just break down into petty insults and namecalling

I'm starting to get on the Rosen train with you...it'll only cost a late round draft pick and he has potential

5 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I'm starting to get on the Rosen train with you...it'll only cost a late round draft pick and he has potential

I would assume MIA hangs onto him. If they draft Tua, they'll probably want a decent back-up, at least for a year or two, in the event Tua's injury past follows him to the NFL

20 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Dane Brugler says Fromm reminds him of a rich man's Cody Kessler and should that be the case, I'm not taking him in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't, either. But I was commenting on what Epyon relayed about him. Fromm plays in the SEC--doesn't have an 'F' arm...

7 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Mine's going to just be a Rosen thread:

Me: Rosen?

Also Me: Rosen!  

Then it'll just break down into petty insults and namecalling

'Cuz you're awesome that way.

Heres+to+another+year+with+you+s+see+you

On 1/9/2020 at 9:57 AM, beardown3231 said:

I would assume MIA hangs onto him. If they draft Tua, they'll probably want a decent back-up, at least for a year or two, in the event Tua's injury past follows him to the NFL

I would think that they keep Fitzgerald around to maybe start for the kid or at least be a mentor for him.  By the time they need a good backup Rosen would be getting close to coming a free agent.

• Like 1