The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

43 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Jordan Love or Lloyd Cushenberry?

I'm not a huge fan of this QB class..... but love at least has all the tools and had a pretty good season last year I guess, before losing basically his entire starting roster and having a scheme change or something (going off memory, I more or less wrote him off a while back as he's expected to go early-mid 1st round).... I'd basically have to take the swing on love..... or Herbert or Tua if they dropped to us......... In all honesty, I'd even be strongly considering Eason, and Fromm if they fell far enough as well...

I'm not very hopeful that any QBs from this class outside of Burrow are even close to "safe bets" (save Fromm, who I think just has too low a ceiling to be more than a backup level QB at the next level) but at some point they become worth the long shot relative to their expected draft position if they fall...  My choice if I had to take a guy from this class remains Gordon, but much of that reasoning is simply because he'd be one of the "cheapest" ones to draft in terms of opportunity cost and is likely had somewhere in the 3rd-5th rounds (and I'm not sure I personally move to grab him before the 4th)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I'm not a huge fan of this QB class..... but love at least has all the tools and had a pretty good season last year I guess, before losing basically his entire starting roster and having a scheme change or something (going off memory, I more or less wrote him off a while back as he's expected to go early-mid 1st round).... I'd basically have to take the swing on love..... or Herbert or Tua if they dropped to us......... In all honesty, I'd even be strongly considering Eason, and Fromm if they fell far enough as well...

Love has the tools. He'll be a first round pick in the ACTUAL draft. It's hilarious the folks around here are so finicky they can't see that. So, realistically, at #50, he'd be a steal. 

19 minutes ago, soulman said:

Ginger or Mary Ann?  Less Filling or Tastes GreatRoller Coaster or Log Ride?  Chinese or Italian?  :D

too-easy-gif-6.gif

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

I'm not very hopeful that any QBs from this class outside of Burrow are even close to "safe bets" (save Fromm, who I think just has too low a ceiling to be more than a backup level QB at the next level) but at some point they become worth the long shot relative to their expected draft position if they fall...  My choice if I had to take a guy from this class remains Gordon, but much of that reasoning is simply because he'd be one of the "cheapest" ones to draft in terms of opportunity cost and is likely had somewhere in the 3rd-5th rounds (and I'm not sure I personally move to grab him before the 4th)

Same here. I'd sell a TON for Burrow and would make a move for Tua, but I'm not enamored otherwise. Still Love has all the tools you can ask for, but will  need a lot of coaching up to become consistent, which with Flip here I would be all over. I've seen Bortles and Kaep comparisons, I think he is a Cutler mold kind of guy. He can be a starter but you'll never be able to put him in a top tier. But if you put talent around him and don't ask him to win shootouts then you can win a lot of games. 

That's a big step up from what we have had for the better of 10 years. I'll take it. 

• Like 1

Are we comfortable with Miller bumping out wide if we draft a WR who needs to start in the slot? I’m thinking KJ Hamler in the 2nd.. 

DBs can be had later on but there might be some enticing options there. Delpit falls? AJ Terrell? Arnette has great man tools. Or potentially a Nickel chess piece?

OL has to be a priority, flex tackles could be there. Perhaps an Austin Jackson, Lucas Niang, Wanogho, etc. 

Edited by ba_ba_ba_BOOM

5 hours ago, ba_ba_ba_BOOM said:

Are we comfortable with Miller bumping out wide if we draft a WR who needs to start in the slot? I’m thinking KJ Hamler in the 2nd.. 

DBs can be had later on but there might be some enticing options there. Delpit falls? AJ Terrell? Arnette has great man tools. Or potentially a Nickel chess piece?

OL has to be a priority, flex tackles could be there. Perhaps an Austin Jackson, Lucas Niang, Wanogho, etc. 

I think Miller can play anywhere on the field. He's a beast at getting separation. More effective in the slot, but I don't think it matters.

If Delpit, Winfield or even Chinn fall, I'd try to snag them and keep the secondary stocked and beastly. WR stays a concern, but I think Pace can fill it with later rounds due to it taking a few years for them to come into their own... Unless an absolute speed demon drops, they won't make an impact.

IOL can be filled later in the draft, I feel. Try and get guys that Castillo is familiar with or feels he can work with and snag them.

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Damn. Disappointing but not surprising. 

OTs are so hard to find.  So they get overdrafted.

Its a talent/athlete problem like we have discussed so many times.  Starts as far back as little league.   Best big guys are playing DL or TE in high school and not enough college coaches are switching good DL athletes to OL.  

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

OTs are so hard to find.  So they get overdrafted.

Its a talent/athlete problem like we have discussed so many times.  Starts as far back as little league.   Best big guys are playing DL or TE in high school and not enough college coaches are switching good DL athletes to OL.  

Ever get around to watching some Wanogho?

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ever get around to watching some Wanogho?

He looks good, but he looks gimpy.  Guessing he is playing through some kind of an injury.  Hard to get a clear bead or eval on him with that.

I'd take him though as long as a doctor says he's good.

Definitely looks like he is a talent.   And is he Samoan?  Samoan players tend to have a higher overall success rate in my mind.