Niners- Samuel and Bourne are better than Miller and Wims

Pats- Harry and Sanu are far better than Miller and Wims

Bills- Beasley and Roberts are better than Miller and Wims

Raiders- Renfrow and Jones are better than Miller and Wims

Lions- Jones and Amendola are far better than Miller and Wims

Giants- Tate and Slayton are better than Miller and Wims

Jets- Crowder and Thomas are better than Miller and Wims

You're probably right on the Packers, Dolphins and Redskins though

This. Arguably the worst group. Not definitively the worst, but in the conversation. 

58 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Sarcasm? Who’s said that? 

"He's not a bad teammate. He's very athletic. He drops some passes but he's a Pro Bowler. Guy would be a great addition."

Of course it's sarcasm- he'll never be Sharpe- but a lot of people here love him for some reason.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

"He's not a bad teammate. He's very athletic. He drops some passes but he's a Pro Bowler. Guy would be a great addition."

Of course it's sarcasm- he'll never be Sharpe- but a lot of people here love him for some reason.

I don’t think people love him. At least for me, I like him for us because he’s a productive albeit not elite player at arguably our biggest need position. He’s not without flaws but he represents somewhat of an upgrade over a healthy Burton and a gigantic upgrade over all of our non-Burton TEs. He’s also a guy we know will be available come March since he’s made no secret he’s looking to FA and Indy won’t tag him. 

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think people love him. At least for me, I like him for us because he’s a productive albeit not elite player at arguably our biggest need position. He’s not without flaws but he represents somewhat of an upgrade over a healthy Burton and a gigantic upgrade over all of our non-Burton TEs. He’s also a guy we know will be available come March since he’s made no secret he’s looking to FA and Indy won’t tag him. 

Is this Ebron?

No one loves Ebron.

Many of recognize the intersection of need, availability and cost.

• Like 1

What's everyone's want out of a tight end around here? Do you like the Jimmy Graham's that are basically receivers or Kittle's that do both?

I see that Mycole Pruitt, Nick Vannett, Vance McDonald, Clive Walford, Logan Thomas, Ricky Seals-Jones (RFA), Charles Clay and Lance Kendricks are available this year. All cheaper options, but I don't know how much they help the offense. Just want to see what people think about the options outside of the top 3/4 TE's.

Do we think Nagy is hoping Burton comes back healthy and can be just the receiver while he can take a Hunter Henry that can do both?

8 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

What's everyone's want out of a tight end around here? Do you like the Jimmy Graham's that are basically receivers or Kittle's that do both?

I see that Mycole Pruitt, Nick Vannett, Vance McDonald, Clive Walford, Logan Thomas, Ricky Seals-Jones (RFA), Charles Clay and Lance Kendricks are available this year. All cheaper options, but I don't know how much they help the offense. Just want to see what people think about the options outside of the top 3/4 TE's.

Do we think Nagy is hoping Burton comes back healthy and can be just the receiver while he can take a Hunter Henry that can do both?

Ideally they'd find a guy who can do both. I think Burton and Horsted are better suited to being moved around but there's a strong need for a guy who can make important blocks and also threaten the coverage.

37 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

McDonald is also an RFA, if I remember right.

Pruitt is JAG and the rest are either too old and/or too bad.

Give me a Kittle type TE over a Graham type.

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Just give me someone defenses care enough about to cover. That is all we need. Ideally they would be a compentent blocker.

I think Vance McDonald, depending on how much he's tendered for, would be a solid option. Seems he can do a little bit of everything, albeit, not consistently.

43 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I think Vance McDonald, depending on how much he's tendered for, would be a solid option. Seems he can do a little bit of everything, albeit, not consistently.

McDonald feels like another Shaheen type to me. I want more of an athlete/playmaker than a lumbering dude with stiff hips.

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

I don’t think he is an RFA he has been in the league for 6-7 years.

He would be an acceptable, we need a competent veteran in here to get Shaheen off the roster. But I wouldn’t be overly excited.

Nick Vannett, another Steelers TE, would be a similar signing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t think he is an RFA he has been in the league for 6-7 years.

He would be an acceptable, we need a competent veteran in here to get Shaheen off the roster. But I wouldn’t be overly excited.

Nick Vannett, another Steelers TE, would be a similar signing.

Yeah, I can see that too. Just pondering about JAGs that could be signed.

Seals-Jones pique anyone's interest? He's big, with solid movement and catching. Seemed like he could breakout in AZ, but it never happened.

• 3 weeks later...