If Brady does in fact leave...

Elky

I can understand being upset seeing one of, if not the biggest sports figure in Boston/New England history leaving to go to another team. I absolutely will be upset about it, but not upset at Brady in any way. Guy was the cog in the machine that kept everything going for so so long, gave BB the ultimate leverage/buffer in building teams and having success, he deserves to finish his career, on his last season or two, where he isn't what he once was, surrounded by talent that can give him the help he needs.

I'll be rooting 100% for whatever team Brady goes to, even if its against the Pats most likely.

Edited by Pats#1
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I can understand being upset seeing one of, if not the biggest sports figure in Boston/New England history leaving to go to another team. I absolutely will be upset about it, but not upset at Brady in any way. Guy was the cog in the machine that kept everything going for so so long, gave BB the ultimate leverage/buffer in building teams and having success, he deserves to finish his career, on his last season or two, where he isn't what he once was, surrounded by talent that can give him the help he needs.

I'll be rooting 100% for whatever team Brady goes to, even if its against the Pats most likely.

Same

that being said I really do think it’s best for all involved for him to stay here and if that doesn’t happen I’ll always believe it was an ego thing on both sides 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 10:01 AM, IheartMyV8 said:

I don't think it matters who comes in, it's going to be a bad year.  

I think the best thing the team can do for 2020 is roll with Stidham. Best-case scenario, he turns out to be the real deal; worst-case is that he flops entirely and the team is set up to draft an elite prospect in 2021. 

On 3/18/2020 at 1:55 PM, Starless said:

I think the best thing the team can do for 2020 is roll with Stidham. Best-case scenario, he turns out to be the real deal; worst-case is that he flops entirely and the team is set up to draft an elite prospect in 2021. 

I am behind Stidham over any of the flakes leftover out there in FA. Lets do it.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Same, but they will still draft a QB in the first four rounds, and sign or trade for a veteran most likely.

I can't really stomach the likes of Dalton, Winston, Flacco, or Brissett on NE. Though if I had to pick between those, I think I'd roll Brissett. Probably.

4 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

I can't really stomach the likes of Dalton, Winston, Flacco, or Brissett on NE. Though if I had to pick between those, I think I'd roll Brissett. Probably.

Isn't Brisset under contract? I haven't heard any talk of him as a free agent in a bit and he may have signed a short extension last season.

Either way, bringing in Flacco or Brissett to compete with Stidham makes sense if not Taysom Hill. I would probably prefer Flacco.

5 hours ago, Starless said:

I'd kick the tires on Derek Carr if the Pats could buy low on him. But otherwise...

You and @Nex_Gen both.

I would have done it two years ago, but now? I'll pass and roll with Stidham and Hurts. Add a vet like Flacco to the mix or possibly Taysom Hill and the Pats should be good for 2020.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

You and @Nex_Gen both.

I would have done it two years ago, but now? I'll pass and roll with Stidham and Hurts. Add a vet like Flacco to the mix or possibly Taysom Hill and the Pats should be good for 2020.

A big no to Flacco and Taysom Hill. A big no to anyone named Taysom. 

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You and @Nex_Gen both.

The philosophical fit is all there. The one thing a QB needs to do well in a Belichick/McDaniels offense is understanding what they want to do and being on the same page. The guy is a coaches' player, extremely adaptable and just keeps his head down and works. Not to mention he's got the arm talent from the pocket they look for, doesn't turn the ball over and knows the Xs and Os he needs to thrive, which is half of playing QB in that system. If the Patriots decide to go the veteran QB route, I'd be ecstatic if they pulled a trade for him. With that said, I don't mind them rolling with Stidham to see what he's got. He showed enough as a rookie to earn that, given the circumstances. Thoroughly glad they didn't put their chips in on Teddy/Foles.