If Brady does in fact leave...

Elky

28 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, I stand by this. Not excited about this season at all. 

At this rate we'll be lucky if there is a season. I sincerely hope there is in some way, shape or form, as it would suck to see one of Brady's last years wasted!

On 3/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, mission27 said:

What is the consensus here, do we want Stidham to get a shot or go in another direction?  Personally I think he looked really good last pre-season so I'd give him a chance.

mission is officially a duel Pats-Bucs fan for the time being but I'll still post in here because I know how much you all love me

Personally give Stidham a shot and if after 4 games it’s not working, start looking at Trevor Lawrence 

On 3/22/2020 at 5:42 PM, Karnage84 said:

Let's say that Bill has a 2-3 year turnover plan for the next dynasty. Someone mentioned on a podcast that you guys have 30 players with salaries of $1M+, which is geared towards contending for a championship. What good is a now 31/32 year old CB with a $19M cap hit on a rebuilding roster?

What good is trying to rebuild and not having solid pieces in the secondary. Gilmore is throwing the baby out with the bath water. There’s no guarantee you get close to having a top CB in the league. And  considering this team wins titles with strong secondaries (Law, Harrison, Samuel, Revis, Gilmore) and our drought was largely because we had weak secondaries.... I’m not messing with that until we need to. 

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

4 games enough time? 

I think if you lost 4 games in a row you should consider your playoff chances pretty much gone as you have no margin for error and at that point you start thinking about next season enough to consider whether you want to tank or not 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

I think if you lost 4 games in a row you should consider your playoff chances pretty much gone as you have no margin for error and at that point you start thinking about next season enough to consider whether you want to tank or not 

Yeah, I guess so.

Imagine losing the first 4 games...argh

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, I guess so.

Imagine losing the first 4 games...argh

Here’s a thing too people don’t consider. It doesn’t just effect pick number 1. We usually pick 30, 31, 32. Getting 1 and 33 is basically like a Super first rounder and a first rounder for us 

I don't envy Jarrett Stidham at all. How do you follow the greatest QB of all time?

Still, if there's any coach who can get the young guy to focus on the right things and play as the best version of himself, it's Bill Belichick. He did it with Cassell, Garoppolo, and Brissett. I think he can do it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I don't envy Jarrett Stidham at all. How do you follow the greatest QB of all time?

Still, if there's any coach who can get the young guy to focus on the right things and play as the best version of himself, it's Bill Belichick. He did it with Cassell, Garoppolo, and Brissett. I think he can do it again.

Yeah he can. Unfortunately for Jarrett, not only is he stepping into the shoes for good, he has the weakest squad out of all those you mention. If he had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to, I'd be quite calm and collected about it all :D 

I think somewhere in-between 'good enough' and 'train wreck' is most likely for this season.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

On 13.4.2020 at 1:43 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

4 games enough time? 

thing is the Patriots aren't stupid. Yes, they want to win. But they aren't ignorant. If Stidham starts out terrible and the Patriots are 0-4, I can assure you they will start looking at next year and know 2 insane QB talents will sit there in the top 2 next April.

And if you start out 0-4, do even really have to tank?

You are probably absolutely terrible anyway and just will lose most games. Tanking would just come into play the last few games if you sit at like the 4th draft position and need to lose out to have a chance at a top 2 pick.

It's going to be very difficult for us to be not very bad and Stidham being terrible at the same time. Either he shows promise and we win games or we lose almost every game and he sucks.

26 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

thing is the Patriots aren't stupid. Yes, they want to win. But they aren't ignorant. If Stidham starts out terrible and the Patriots are 0-4, I can assure you they will start looking at next year and know 2 insane QB talents will sit there in the top 2 next April.

And if you start out 0-4, do even really have to tank?

You are probably absolutely terrible anyway and just will lose most games. Tanking would just come into play the last few games if you sit at like the 4th draft position and need to lose out to have a chance at a top 2 pick.

It's going to be very difficult for us to be not very bad and Stidham being terrible at the same time. Either he shows promise and we win games or we lose almost every game and he sucks.

I personally find it inconceivable that a BB coached team will have fewer than, say, 7 wins. I predict about 8-8. That nothing, frustrating range. If Stidham sucks, we'll probably find ways to win games without him playing well.

I suppose this is where to post this...

I am very, very thankful to have had Tom Brady here in New England for 20 seasons - playing full-time in 18 of them. Twenty seasons; nine AFC Championships; and six Super Bowl championships were more than any of us dared to dream of when Tom took over in the 2001 home opener.  What a glorious time 2001-2019 was!  We were blessed beyond measure. 

Tom Brady is my favorite player in any sport of all time.  I wish him nothing but success in Tampa Bay , except when they play the Patriots. 

• Like 2