• EDGE Chase Young
    • DI Derrick Brown
    • WR Jerry Jeudy
    • CB Jeff Okudah
    • OT Andrew Thomas
    • Other [specify]
    • [[Leave Blank]]

RULES

1. We will be going by the point system. 1st choice is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is worth 1 point. The player with the most points at the end of the poll will be the selection.
  2. Do not select the same player for multiple choices, doing so will nullify your vote(s)
  3. If you feel very strongly about 1 player as the choice, you may vote for 1st choice only and abstain from the 2nd and 3rd choice by selecting [[Leave Blank]]
  4. If you think a player should be selected that is not listed, please respond with a post who should be the selection.
  5. Voting criteria is up to you. Meaning you can vote either for who you think the team SHOULD take, or who they WILL take. 

2020 FF NFL Consensus Mock Draft V1
1. Cincinnati Bengals - QB Joe Burrow, LSU
2. Washington Redskins - 

Hold up, I messed up and pressed shift+enter lol

Edited by Danger

1. Chase Young

2. Jeff Okudah 

3. Isaiah Simmons

Trent will come back IMO.  We’ve made all the right moves in firing Bruce Allen and the training staff. Now it’s all about giving him the guaranteed money he’s looking for. I think Rivera badly wants Trent back, and I think it gets done. 

We’ll have close to $80mm in free agency with a few simple cuts (Norman, Reed, Richardson), so it’s hard to know where our holes will be when the draft rolls around since we should be able to fill them in FA. As of now (and if Trent comes back and we re-sign Scherff), our biggest holes are TE, CB, FS, and LB. If we can fill those in FA, I’d go strictly BPA at the #2 overall pick.  Those 3 are BPA IMO. 

28 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Chase Young is a great player. Impact won't be as big this season, but once Kerrigan hangs up the cleats, Young could have a hey-day.

Young would easily start over Kerrigan. If anything, it would be Sweat as depth if we still wanted Kerrigan to start.

I’d be fielding trade offers for Kerrigan personally. I know Rivera likes his vets though. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Young would easily start over Kerrigan. If anything, it would be Sweat as depth if we still wanted Kerrigan to start.

I’d be fielding trade offers for Kerrigan personally. I know Rivera likes his vets though. 

I don't even think you trade Kerrigan.  Kerrigan, Young, and Sweat is a good outside rotation to go with Payne, Allen, and Ioannidis.  That's a deep DL to give the Skins an identity.

I went Jeudy at #2 and and Okudah at #3.  Both would be huge upgrades.  But Young is the easy choice. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't even think you trade Kerrigan.  Kerrigan, Young, and Sweat is a good outside rotation to go with Payne, Allen, and Ioannidis.  That's a deep DL to give the Skins an identity.

I went Jeudy at #2 and and Okudah at #3.  Both would be huge upgrades.  But Young is the easy choice. 

This.

Why not have as many good edge rushers as possible? 

1) Young

2) Thomas 

3) Jeudy

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind keeping Kerrigan if he restructures. He has an $11.7mm cap hit in 2020. 

Love Jeudy too. We really can’t screw this up...

I hope. 

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Exactly this. You add Young (who seems like a can't miss prospect to me) to that unit and if Sweat is able to take a step forward in the pass rush department that looks like a potentially dominant DL with good depth. 

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Trent will come back IMO.  We’ve made all the right moves in firing Bruce Allen and the training staff. Now it’s all about giving him the guaranteed money he’s looking for. I think Rivera badly wants Trent back, and I think it gets done. 

Hmmm, never even thought of that possibility, but with the firing of Bruce Allen it might happen... That would be awesome for the organization. 
I went with Thomas as a second choice (not thinking about T. Williams) and Okudah 3rd. 
But Young at this point seems like a lock, barring a crazy trade offer. Not being a Redskins fan myself, would that be something that appeals to the Redskins fans/FO you would think?

35 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

But Young at this point seems like a lock, barring a crazy trade offer. Not being a Redskins fan myself, would that be something that appeals to the Redskins fans/FO you would think?

Drafting Young appeals to any and every fan. 

A trade down?  Depends on the offer. Seems like most Redskins fans wouldn’t do it for anything less than an RG3-type haul.  And even then, if Tua is fully healthy and a team loves him enough to trade up to #2, we’re giving up the right to draft a very rare prospect in Chase Young if we take the trade, since he will 100% be drafted by the Lions behind us. Whereas, with the RG3 trade, the Rams were giving up the right to draft... Trent Richardson, Matt Kalil, Mo Claiborne, or Justin Blackmon lol.  So personally, it would have to be even larger than the RG3 haul for me to pull the trigger. It’s not like the Rams did anything with the picks they got. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

A trade down?  Depends on the offer. Seems like most Redskins fans wouldn’t do it for anything less than an RG3-type haul.  And even then, if Tua is fully healthy and a team loves him enough to trade up to #2, we’re giving up the right to draft a very rare prospect in Chase Young if we take the trade, since he will 100% be drafted by the Lions behind us...
So personally, it would have to be even larger than the RG3 haul for me to pull the trigger. 

Yeah, was talking about the trade down, but it was poorly worded. Thanks for the answer.
Wow I just looked at the RG3 and 3 first round picks and a second is a lot! Not sure if any team would fork that much for Tua. 
However if a team would offer 2020/21/22 1st RD + 2020 2nd) you'd have to at least think about it right? How far away are the Redskins from contention?  2-3 years? Wouldn't the extra picks (if they hit of course) help more towards building a solid roster than the addition of one super talented player - who could still bust for all we know, however unlikely that seems to appear? I honestly have no idea which way is better, just asking for an opinion.

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Trent Richardson, Matt Kalil, Mo Claiborne, or Justin Blackmon lol. 

And the 7th pick being M. Barron... Yes, that was a comical string of bad picks for sure.. And I doubt it, but you never know, maybe people will say the same things 8 years from now about Andrew Thomas, Jeffrey Okudah, Jerry Jeudy.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind keeping Kerrigan if he restructures. He has an $11.7mm cap hit in 2020. 

Love Jeudy too. We really can’t screw this up...

I hope. 

I could see him restructuring.

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

Exactly this. You add Young (who seems like a can't miss prospect to me) to that unit and if Sweat is able to take a step forward in the pass rush department that looks like a potentially dominant DL with good depth. 

Young gives the Skins an awesome DL to build around.  If Trent returns, suddenly they have a solid OL again.  Use the 2nd rounder on a Trey Smith/Solomon Kindley would bolster that OL and really build those trenches.  And you know Ron would love to build his trenches.  Or they could use that 2nd on another WR if a Higgins fell.

I really think the Skins are set up for a surprisingly good year next year if they get Young in the first, Trent back, another OL in the 2nd, and Guice can stay healthy.  

However, their big mistake was firing the OC.  Making Haskins learn two systems in two years in not ideal.  

9 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Yeah, was talking about the trade down, but it was poorly worded. Thanks for the answer.
Wow I just looked at the RG3 and 3 first round picks and a second is a lot! Not sure if any team would fork that much for Tua. 
However if a team would offer 2020/21/22 1st RD + 2020 2nd) you'd have to at least think about it right? How far away are the Redskins from contention?  2-3 years? Wouldn't the extra picks (if they hit of course) help more towards building a solid roster than the addition of one super talented player - who could still bust for all we know, however unlikely that seems to appear? I honestly have no idea which way is better, just asking for an opinion.

No, I’d take the elite player in Young. 

I don’t know about 3 years away...

Oddly enough, the Redskins’ roster right now is constructed in a similar way to the 49ers roster last year when they had the #2 overall pick. 

-Strong DL

-Top 5 CB (according to PFF)

-Young talent at LB and S

-Young QB

-Talent at RB

Adding an elite talent at #2 can help our best position group become dominant.

The main differences between us and them this time last year are Kittle and the lack of a dominant FB.  Though I think our WR corps is better than theirs was.  We’re also missing a great, proven offensive play-caller. 

I don’t think adding Young gets us to where the 49ers are this year, but I think adding Young in the draft and Hooper/Henry at TE, Bradberry/Jones/Harris Jr at CB, Harris/Simmons at FS in FA allows us to compete for the division in a weak NFCE. Obviously, most of that relies on Haskins’ development in Year 2. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

I don't have a problem with going Young, given the skill set and positional value, but I think it's crazy that ppl are sleeping on Thomas.   Personally I think he's the best overall prospect in the class.   And Trent Williams isn't going to wearing a WAS uni next year, so if you're passing on Young, Thomas would be the easy 2nd choice IMO.

• Like 2