• EDGE Chase Young
    • DI Derrick Brown
    • WR Jerry Jeudy
    • CB Jeff Okudah
    • OT Andrew Thomas
    • Other [specify]
    • [[Leave Blank]]

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Williams said he'd never play another down for WAS again - and held out a year to back up the talk.    Hard to believe WAS' new FO won't simply get the message here and get what they can for him.

According to a recent Chris Thompson interview, Trent Williams recently spoke to AD and told him he'd be back.  But, that's just heresay, so I'll re-post what I recently posted in the Lions forum:

Rivera is doing everything he can to get Trent back.

• First and foremost was firing Bruce Allen.  It hasn't been publicly stated, but the word is that Rivera wouldn't accept the job unless Allen was gone.  Most Redskins fans already love him for that.
  • We also fired our head athletic trainer, who had been with the team for 17 years, and the word is the rest of the training/rehab staff was let go as well, or soon will be.
  • We hired Ryan Vermillion as head athletic trainer.  He's well-regarded around the league and has spent the previous 18 years as the head athletic trainer for the Panthers.
  • We hired Dr. Kevin Wilk as a medical consultant, who has worked with some of the biggest names in sports and has performed rehabilitation on Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Drew Brees, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Eli Manning, and more.  He rose to prominence helping Drew Brees' shoulder recover early in his career.
  • Snyder has stated he wants "the best medical staff in the league", and his actions so far have backed that up.  I'm skeptical we'll ever be the best, but shooting for that goal is definitely a positive change.

However, all that may not be enough.  Most think Trent's primary issue throughout this whole circus was the lack of guaranteed money remaining in his contract.  He's signed through 2020, but the guaranteed money is pretty much gone. 

If Rivera wants him badly enough, we can sign him to a 3-year or so extension and I'm sure he'll come back.  The only issue with that is the precedent it sets with other players.  But this situation is unique enough that the precedent issue is really not a big deal IMO.  He's an elite player (or, at least, he was when he last played) who had a cancer scare due to your medical staff's incompetence.  That situation won't come around all that often.  I think we should pay the man, unless we can get a 1st round pick back in a trade for him, which is doubtful at this point.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

According to a recent Chris Thompson interview, Trent Williams recently spoke to AD and told him he'd be back.  But, that's just heresay, so I'll re-post what I recently posted in the Lions forum:

Rivera is doing everything he can to get Trent back.

• First and foremost was firing Bruce Allen.  It hasn't been publicly stated, but the word is that Rivera wouldn't accept the job unless Allen was gone.  Most Redskins fans already love him for that.
  • We also fired our head athletic trainer, who had been with the team for 17 years, and the word is the rest of the training/rehab staff was let go as well, or soon will be.
  • We hired Ryan Vermillion as head athletic trainer.  He's well-regarded around the league and has spent the previous 18 years as the head athletic trainer for the Panthers.
  • We hired Dr. Kevin Wilk as a medical consultant, who has worked with some of the biggest names in sports and has performed rehabilitation on Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Drew Brees, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Eli Manning, and more.  He rose to prominence helping Drew Brees' shoulder recover early in his career.
  • Snyder has stated he wants "the best medical staff in the league", and his actions so far have backed that up.  I'm skeptical we'll ever be the best, but shooting for that goal is definitely a positive change.

However, all that may not be enough.  Most think Trent's primary issue throughout this whole circus was the lack of guaranteed money remaining in his contract.  He's signed through 2020, but the guaranteed money is pretty much gone. 

If Rivera wants him badly enough, we can sign him to a 3-year or so extension and I'm sure he'll come back.  The only issue with that is the precedent it sets with other players.  But this situation is unique enough that the precedent issue is really not a big deal IMO.  He's an elite player (or, at least, he was when he last played) who had a cancer scare due to your medical staff's incompetence.  That situation won't come around all that often.  I think we should pay the man, unless we can get a 1st round pick back in a trade for him, which is doubtful at this point.

I think the window to get a 1st passed last October - the T draft market is too large, and the perceived drop in value when players miss a year, that a 2nd/3rd or maybe 2020 & 2021 2nd's (depending on the teams of course, an early top 10 2nd is obviously more valuable than a playoff team's 2nd), seems more likely the best price (and even that's generous, but it does reflect Williams' past excellence).  With Dorsey gone in CLE, it's doubtful they will meet that price, whereas Dorsey was the one guy was the most interested.  Guess we'll find out soon enough this spring.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think the window to get a 1st passed last October - the T draft market is too large, and the perceived drop in value when players miss a year, that a 2nd/3rd or maybe 2020 & 2021 2nd's (depending on the teams of course, an early top 10 2nd is obviously more valuable than a playoff team's 2nd), seems more likely the best price (and even that's generous, but it does reflect Williams' past excellence).  With Dorsey gone in CLE, it's doubtful they will meet that price, whereas Dorsey was the one guy was the most interested.  Guess we'll find out soon enough this spring.

Yeah, that's why I think he comes back.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:10 PM, HoboRocket said:

Chase Young is a great player. Impact won't be as big this season, but once Kerrigan hangs up the cleats, Young could have a hey-day.

I voted Andrew Thomas first. The Redskins' like would be bad even if they still had Trent Williams. And Thomas is a terrific prospect.

WTF no it wouldn’t lol. It wasn’t even that bad last year with 400 year old Donald Penn. 

• Like 2