Who is the best QB whisperer of all time?

rocky_rams

Andy Reid. He's the only one I consider to be that in modern times, tbh. 

Shanny could get there, but may need more time. He helped Schaub be a quality starter, which he's also doing with Jimmy, helped make Ryan an MVP, and generated that fantastic first year with RG3

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

Andy Reid. He's the only one I consider to be that in modern times, tbh. 

Shanny could get there, but may need more time. He helped Schaub be a quality starter, which he's also doing with Jimmy, helped make Ryan an MVP, and generated that fantastic first year with RG3

Hoyer and Beathard though :(

Reid or Shanny?

I don't think it's this, but I'd like to know who is scouting QBs for us....during the years where teams had to draft about 2 or 3 QBs to find one passable franchise QB, we managed to have 3 stating calibre QBs on our team. Weird. Could be luck.

Andy Reid learned from Holmgren who was a decent QB whisperer in his own right; taking 2 different QBs to the Super Bowl and educating Doug Pederson who went on to win a Super Bowl by whispering Foles into the winner's circle
And Holmgren learned from The Master Whisperer,  Bill Walsh

Walsh took an undersized and underappreciated 3rd rounder and turned him into Joe ******* Montana.
He also put Steve Young into the HOF after a dismal start in Tampa Bay
That doesn't even include all the others that came from his Coaching Tree, a Giant Sequoia of influence on modern NFL QBs and how to coach them

Kyle Shanahan is a neophyte by comparison

billwalsh-coaching-tree-pics1.jpg

• Like 8