Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mwalker

Way too Early Mocks...

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Does this alone make him terrible?  This means he's not a Starter in the League?  I'm not biggest fan of Edmunds either but CURRENTLY his draft position has nothing to do with his play.  He isn't great.  He isn't terrible.  He is 22.  

I think Edmunds is a rotation type player. He has a role, but he should not be a starter, IMO.  I thnk it is clear if you compare the play and skills that Fitzpatrick shows, versus the play and skills Edmunds does not. I did not mean this to be a bash Edminds thread, Just saying, S should be a serious consideration for the 2020 draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cjfollett said:

I think Edmunds is a rotation type player. He has a role, but he should not be a starter, IMO.  I thnk it is clear if you compare the play and skills that Fitzpatrick shows, versus the play and skills Edmunds does not. I did not mean this to be a bash Edminds thread, Just saying, S should be a serious consideration for the 2020 draft.

I would only argue that 1) Fitzpatrick has shown early on to be elite. Not all Starters in the League are.  And 2) I'm willing to give Edmunds more then 2 years to decide whether or not he's just a rotational guy or a Starter. He may very well be at best a rotational guy.  I merely suggest it's to early to make that call.  With that said, I'm on board with adding more Safety talent to the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Only because I have to...I'll throw in Vols Safety Nigel Warrior. A late Rd guy and not a Day 1 contributor but has the traits/skills to be a key contributor.  I like Dugger.  Not sure if he's "Big fish. Small pond" type of guy but I'd surely wager a late Rd pick to find out. 

Dugger's going to test through the roof (so I read) and likely go earlier than some might think.
I wonder if H.Nasirildeen from FSU might be a mid round option? His physical traits are pretty crazy,
but honestly I haven't really seen him play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Dugger's going to test through the roof (so I read) and likely go earlier than some might think.
I wonder if H.Nasirildeen from FSU might be a mid round option? His physical traits are pretty crazy,
but honestly I haven't really seen him play.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dugger shoots up the boards.  Some teams MAY be weary of the Small School status.  Rd 3-4 maybe?  Nasir is expected to return for his Senior year.  My Middle Rd guy would be Floyd VT.  ALL of his flaws are coachable and has prototypical Size/Athleticism. 

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-Football-safety-Hamsah-Nasirildeen-expected-to-return-for-2020-season-141904587/

Edited by Chieferific

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-11 at 1:57 AM, cjfollett said:

I think Edmunds is a rotation type player. He has a role, but he should not be a starter, IMO.  I thnk it is clear if you compare the play and skills that Fitzpatrick shows, versus the play and skills Edmunds does not. I did not mean this to be a bash Edminds thread, Just saying, S should be a serious consideration for the 2020 draft.

I agree, I tend to notice edmunds failing in games too often, he's no Shell that's for sure. The reality of it is, being the RD1 pick, edmunds will be starting for the 4 years he is here like it or not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I agree, I tend to notice edmunds failing in games too often, he's no Shell that's for sure. The reality of it is, being the RD1 pick, edmunds will be starting for the 4 years he is here like it or not.  

He is not asked to be Donnie Shell.  He is asked to be run support plus some coverage.  He has done much better this year mainly because Fitz can play CF and it simplifies what Emunds needs to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jebrick said:

He is not asked to be Donnie Shell.  He is asked to be run support plus some coverage.  He has done much better this year mainly because Fitz can play CF and it simplifies what Emunds needs to do.

I was referring to the KO tackles and of course INT's. Nothing says he shouldn't make this happen at least once in a while. Shell was 190 LBS and KO'd possibly the best power RB  in Campbell.  There have been a few others over the years that are fearless hitting safeties , but that's becoming a dying breed since the rules have changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We gotta stop comparing ever player to HOF'rs.  It's not the "Hall of Everybody".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give Edmunds time.

The biggest flaw with drafting in today's NFL is the whole drafting for "potential and testing". Teams continue to draft workout warriors and ignore guys that produce. This happens in every round, but mostly in the middle rounds on back. If we will stick to guys that produced in college (Lynn Bowden Kentucky, AJ Green OSU, Saahdiq Charles LSU, Lamical Perine Florida, AJ Dillon BC) for our late round picks we will have more hits and fewer misses.

We haven't hit deep on draft prospects in many years. The players play, the "testers" leave us all wondering IF they are going to develop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 5:32 AM, jebrick said:

He is not asked to be Donnie Shell.  He is asked to be run support plus some coverage.  He has done much better this year mainly because Fitz can play CF and it simplifies what Emunds needs to do.

Obviously not simple enough. Edmunds is still a step or two too slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would certainly be a luxury pick but I'd sure love to somehow get Dugger on the team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Obviously not simple enough. Edmunds is still a step or two too slow.

I will again remind everyone that Shazier was a step or two slow for 2.5 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I will again remind everyone that Shazier was a step or two slow for 2.5 seasons.

Plus IIRC, he was only 20 or 21 when he was drafted(plus I think he missed some time in his junior year).

This upcoming year will be his make or break year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jebrick said:

I will again remind everyone that Shazier was a step or two slow for 2.5 seasons.

Even Troy was a step slow his first season or two, but both he and Ryan made splash plays as rookies despite that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troy was called a bust his 1st season.  Unless you consider the 2 sacks he had to be big splash plays.  For a lot of the draft picks, they are athletes that need training as a football player.  I have no idea if Edmunds will not be a bust but he looked better this season than last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×