Way too Early Mocks...

mwalker

23 hours ago, jebrick said:

Troy was called a bust his 1st season.

I recall that, as well as many calling him "Frodo." However, most fans are idiots (including me) and do not understand why Troy did not start year 1.

With Edmunds, I am just not seeing the instincts and nose for the ball. He's played for 2 years now. I gave him slack last year, but I did not see the same improvement you did, just more playing time, IMO.

Polamalu was trapped learning LeBeau's incredibly complex defense.  So rather than give a player a year to learn we throw them in.  To get them faster you accept that they are learning on the job and make mistakes.  A lot of them.   Shazier, when drafted, had zero instincts.  He ran a 4.3 at pro day but played like a 4.5 because he always took a false step.  He learned.

I do think it is harder for DBs coming out of college.  They get almost zero coaching in what they need to do for their position.  That is not my opinion but Deion Sanders.  i just think it is still true.  Players like Dupree had zero position and have to learn it on the fly.  There are so few players in college that play the kind of OLB that the Steelers want.  So you draft athletes and hope you can make them the players you want.