Way too Early Mocks...

mwalker

45 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Does this alone make him terrible?  This means he's not a Starter in the League?  I'm not biggest fan of Edmunds either but CURRENTLY his draft position has nothing to do with his play.  He isn't great.  He isn't terrible.  He is 22.  

I think Edmunds is a rotation type player. He has a role, but he should not be a starter, IMO.  I thnk it is clear if you compare the play and skills that Fitzpatrick shows, versus the play and skills Edmunds does not. I did not mean this to be a bash Edminds thread, Just saying, S should be a serious consideration for the 2020 draft.

1 minute ago, cjfollett said:

I think Edmunds is a rotation type player. He has a role, but he should not be a starter, IMO.  I thnk it is clear if you compare the play and skills that Fitzpatrick shows, versus the play and skills Edmunds does not. I did not mean this to be a bash Edminds thread, Just saying, S should be a serious consideration for the 2020 draft.

I would only argue that 1) Fitzpatrick has shown early on to be elite. Not all Starters in the League are.  And 2) I'm willing to give Edmunds more then 2 years to decide whether or not he's just a rotational guy or a Starter. He may very well be at best a rotational guy.  I merely suggest it's to early to make that call.  With that said, I'm on board with adding more Safety talent to the roster. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Only because I have to...I'll throw in Vols Safety Nigel Warrior. A late Rd guy and not a Day 1 contributor but has the traits/skills to be a key contributor.  I like Dugger.  Not sure if he's "Big fish. Small pond" type of guy but I'd surely wager a late Rd pick to find out. 

Dugger's going to test through the roof (so I read) and likely go earlier than some might think.
I wonder if H.Nasirildeen from FSU might be a mid round option? His physical traits are pretty crazy,
but honestly I haven't really seen him play.

13 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Dugger's going to test through the roof (so I read) and likely go earlier than some might think.
I wonder if H.Nasirildeen from FSU might be a mid round option? His physical traits are pretty crazy,
but honestly I haven't really seen him play.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dugger shoots up the boards.  Some teams MAY be weary of the Small School status.  Rd 3-4 maybe?  Nasir is expected to return for his Senior year.  My Middle Rd guy would be Floyd VT.  ALL of his flaws are coachable and has prototypical Size/Athleticism. 

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-Football-safety-Hamsah-Nasirildeen-expected-to-return-for-2020-season-141904587/

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

On 2020-01-11 at 1:57 AM, cjfollett said:

I agree, I tend to notice edmunds failing in games too often, he's no Shell that's for sure. The reality of it is, being the RD1 pick, edmunds will be starting for the 4 years he is here like it or not.  

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I agree, I tend to notice edmunds failing in games too often, he's no Shell that's for sure. The reality of it is, being the RD1 pick, edmunds will be starting for the 4 years he is here like it or not.  

He is not asked to be Donnie Shell.  He is asked to be run support plus some coverage.  He has done much better this year mainly because Fitz can play CF and it simplifies what Emunds needs to do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jebrick said:

He is not asked to be Donnie Shell.  He is asked to be run support plus some coverage.  He has done much better this year mainly because Fitz can play CF and it simplifies what Emunds needs to do.

I was referring to the KO tackles and of course INT's. Nothing says he shouldn't make this happen at least once in a while. Shell was 190 LBS and KO'd possibly the best power RB  in Campbell.  There have been a few others over the years that are fearless hitting safeties , but that's becoming a dying breed since the rules have changed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Give Edmunds time.

The biggest flaw with drafting in today's NFL is the whole drafting for "potential and testing". Teams continue to draft workout warriors and ignore guys that produce. This happens in every round, but mostly in the middle rounds on back. If we will stick to guys that produced in college (Lynn Bowden Kentucky, AJ Green OSU, Saahdiq Charles LSU, Lamical Perine Florida, AJ Dillon BC) for our late round picks we will have more hits and fewer misses.

We haven't hit deep on draft prospects in many years. The players play, the "testers" leave us all wondering IF they are going to develop.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:32 AM, jebrick said:

Obviously not simple enough. Edmunds is still a step or two too slow.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I will again remind everyone that Shazier was a step or two slow for 2.5 seasons.

Plus IIRC, he was only 20 or 21 when he was drafted(plus I think he missed some time in his junior year).

This upcoming year will be his make or break year.

• Like 1

Troy was called a bust his 1st season.  Unless you consider the 2 sacks he had to be big splash plays.  For a lot of the draft picks, they are athletes that need training as a football player.  I have no idea if Edmunds will not be a bust but he looked better this season than last. 

• Like 3