Matchup vs Seattle

Kenrik

This thread is specific to match-up details with Seahawks. Lets talk football.

Here are all the games Russel has played that are under 32 degrees at kick-off. The most recent forecast is 19 degrees at kick-off. 

Year Opponent Degrees Outcome Pass % YDS TD INT Rush YDS Fumb
2014 @KC 21 20-24 20/32 178 2 0 8/71 0
2015 @MIN -6 10-9 13/26 142 1 1 5/21 1
2016 @GB 26 10-38 22/39 240 1 5 4/19 0

Wednesday injury report, Green Bay:

Bryan Bulaga
Concussion/NIR (veteran rest) FP
Kenny Clark
Back DNP
Rashan Gary
Shoulder FP
Jimmy Graham
Wrist/NIR (veteran rest) DNP
Allen Lazard
Ankle FP
Marcedes Lewis
NIR (veteran rest) LP
Corey Linsley
Back FP
Blake Martinez
Hand FP
Will Redmond
Hamstring FP
Preston Smith
Ankle LP
Billy Turner
Ankle LP
Danny Vitale
Knee LP
Dexter Williams
Illness DNP
Jamaal Williams
Shoulder FP
Tramon Williams
NIR (veteran rest) DNP

Wednesday inury report, Seattle:

Duane Brown
Knee DNP
Mike Iupati
Neck DNP
George Fant
Groin DNP
Joey Hunt
Fibula DNP
Quinton Jefferson
Ankle DNP
Ziggy Ansah
Neck LP
DK Metcalf
NIR LP
Malik Turner
Concussion LP
Jaron Brown
Knee LP
Jadeveon Clowney
Core LP
Dekoda Watson
Calf FP
Cody Barton
Hip FP
Jarran Reed
Biceps FP

20 minutes ago, soup's not a meal said:

Are we guna put King or Alexander on Metcalf when we aren't playing zone? 

Pettine usually doesn't have a CB lock onto a WR. King is a really good matchup with Metcalf as is Alexander with Locket. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think they come out playing sides but if Metcalf is destroying, then I think they lock King on him. 

52 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

According to QB rating .. the Packers are Wilson's toughest opponent over the years.  He's posted an 81.9 QB rating against the Pack, and a 3-3 record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00/splits/

Love this stat. I hate to throw games out because they did happen but the 2016 game really skews those stats. 1 TD & 5 INT. If you take that game away Russ has a 98.5 rating which would be the 15th lowest rating against opponents. 

3 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Love this stat. I hate to throw games out because they did happen but the 2016 game really skews those stats. 1 TD & 5 INT. If you take that game away Russ has a 98.5 rating which would be the 15th lowest rating against opponents. 

It does seem like he has had his share of struggles against us in a few other games and got kind of hot late and pulled off some win.  We just need to play a full four quarters ... all gas no break.  No Morgan Burnett slide downs when it looks like he has a clear path to the end zone.  

13 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Pettine usually doesn't have a CB lock onto a WR. King is a really good matchup with Metcalf as is Alexander with Locket. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think they come out playing sides but if Metcalf is destroying, then I think they lock King on him. 

Further to your point, for most of the year Metcalf has been lining up primarily on the left side, which would match him up with King. But in the last Philly game he ran a bunch of routes from the right side.

Regarding Seattle's o-line, I mentioned this in another thread but Iupati's replacement Jamarco Jones has been an upgrade in pass pro, according to the Seahawks fans I know. He's a big downgrade in run blocking, but it looks like Seattle is gonna have a tough time running the ball regardless. The bigger concern for them is Brown, who is their best lineman. Fant has been okay as his replacement, but they also like to use Fant as a tight end in heavy formations. Either way they're another injury away from a really bad time.

Seattle's 2 RBs, just out of retirement Marshawn Lynch and 4th string rookie Travis Homer, rushed for 19 yards on 17 carries behind a banged up OL against Philly.

With Duane Brown out at LT, George Fant had to start and thus Seattle could not use a favored look of 6 Olineman (Fant being the 6th guy) to pound it on the ground.

Both Fant and Brown missed yesterday's game as did starting LG Iupati and staring C Hunt.

As weak as the Pack's run D has been, Seattle's running game should not exploit this weakness too much given all of their injuries.

On D, this game should be all about containing Russell Wilson, through the air and with his legs (he ran 9 times for 45 yards against Philly).

Edited by TheOnlyThing

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Maybe consider posting in the GDT

So we can watch actual pre-game discussion get burried in off topic discussion. Don't get me wrong the thread is light humored and people enjoy it but when it comes to actually talking about the game, there should be a higher standard. It seems like people are more upset about the superstition end than the actual content. 

Edited by Kenrik
then, than*
  • Like 4