Matchup vs Seattle

Kenrik

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

The way to win this game is to dink dunk pass, and run the ball. Control the time of possession and score TDs. Keep Wilson and Baby Megatron on the sidelines. Wilson is the wildcard. He can scramble to buy time and then hit a long pass or take off and get a big gain with his legs. Control Wilson by keeping on the sidelines and limiting his scrambling, and we win.

P.S. Glad to see a thread about the game, instead of lame middle school jokes about Wilson, who is an excellent QB and worthy opponent. He will be hard to beat.

You nailed it with Russel being the key to the game. I think our front will be able to stop their running game possibly without playing in our base formation. I also like our secondary and I dont think they have to play very aggressive. I like playing cover two and taking away their deep play. It'll come down to containing Russ on offense. 

21 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I just pray pray pray they give marshawn lynch the ball a ton. dude is waaaaaaaaaSSSSSSSSHED.

Pete talked about having the Marshawn having an increased role this week. His athleticism is not where it was before but he does still have some power. I would hate to see our defense not hitting hard because of the cold and seeing lynch dominate.

51 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

You nailed it with Russel being the key to the game. I think our front will be able to stop their running game possibly without playing in our base formation. I also like our secondary and I dont think they have to play very aggressive. I like playing cover two and taking away their deep play. It'll come down to containing Russ on offense. 

I'm worried that Kenny Clark won't be able to play. That would really hurt. Don't think Keke or Adams can adequately fill the void.

11 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Pete talked about having the Marshawn having an increased role this week. His athleticism is not where it was before but he does still have some power. I would hate to see our defense not hitting hard because of the cold and seeing lynch dominate.

I think with Z that this team is learning to be nasty like the ravens defense, traditionally.

I think with the assistant GM being from Baltimore the defensive culture is shading towards that.

I think Seattle and Carroll are looking for attempts from Lynch. Not yards. One it’s how Carroll coaches... he wants to run. But he can’t have Wilson just throw 40+ times. That isn’t going to win Sunday for them. They need some balance.

I know PFF isnt the be all end all but this is interesting to look at. If Brown & Iupati dont go, then that line is in trouble especially if they have another injury during the game. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'm worried that Kenny Clark won't be able to play. That would really hurt. Don't think Keke or Adams can adequately fill the void.

WED           THUR

Bryan Bulaga
Concussion(rest) FP FP
Kenny Clark
Back DNP LP
Rashan Gary
Shoulder FP FP
Jimmy Graham
Wrist/NIR ( rest) DNP LP
Allen Lazard
Ankle FP FP
Marcedes Lewis
NIR (rest) LP DNP
Corey Linsley
Back FP FP
Blake Martinez
Hand FP FP
Will Redmond
Hamstring FP FP
Preston Smith
Ankle LP LP
Billy Turner
Ankle LP LP
Danny Vitale
Knee LP DNP
Dexter Williams
Illness DNP DNP
Jamaal Williams
Shoulder FP FP
Tramon Williams
NIR (veteran rest) DNP LP
Tyler Lancaster
Illness   DNP

Kenny was limited today which is a good sign. Looks like that illness is still spreading...

Edited by Kenrik
Added date

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

the seattle defense is not good.  They have some players, but this should be a 24+ point outing from any decent offense not led by Josh McCown.

Our offense being decent, no guarantees there.  But yeah, **IF** the Packers can play a good game offensively and Rodgers is reasonably accurate, I think 24+ points is the key.  It's possible, and the offense needs to get there, and that would then allow for Seattle to complete a deep ball and allow for Russell to get a couple of scrambles.  We need to score enough on offense so that Seattle making a couple of big plays won't kill us.  

Unless we end up with a bunch of guys out the only way we lose this game is multiple critical turnovers.  As of right now we are that much better than the Hawks.  Rodgers can play his normal OK game and we win.  If he plays a good game we win big.  Very confident I am with this game.  Then again I thought the Saints would kill the Vikes, the Badgers BB team would get killed by Ohio St, and the Badgers BB team would beat up Illinois.   Suddenly I don't feel so confident...

22 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Unless we end up with a bunch of guys out the only way we lose this game is multiple critical turnovers.  As of right now we are that much better than the Hawks.  Rodgers can play his normal OK game and we win.  If he plays a good game we win big.  Very confident I am with this game.  Then again I thought the Saints would kill the Vikes, the Badgers BB team would get killed by Ohio St, and the Badgers BB team would beat up Illinois.   Suddenly I don't feel so confident...

Seattle came within inches of beating SF twice. They're legitimate. OTOH so are we. Right now I'm just sweating out Kenny Clark's back injury. If he can't play, Seattle's chances of winning go up. Neither team is going to give in. This will be a bare knuckle brawl right to the end. Normally in this type of situation, I pick the better QB, but that begs the question, which Aaron Rodgers is going to show up? 

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

the seattle defense is not good.  They have some players, but this should be a 24+ point outing from any decent offense not led by Josh McCown.

The Lions defense isn't good either and the Packers struggled against them. Hopefully they can play clean to start and wear them down early.

• Like 1