Bears vs Buccaneers

Sugashane

37 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Also, what's with everybody crying over losing Fangio if Fox gets canned? Fangio's unit, though statistically good, has been practically awful for the past three years.

I've been saying this also, there is no one that I think absolutely should stay if they change coaches. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

In the last 50 Bears games we have watched 34 loses.

That is a lot of losing.

I have become apathtic at this point when I watch.

My brother and I were talking about this I don't want another season when I just tune out and don't care.

At this point it's just watching Mitch play that interests me. This is bland and boring football.

4 hours ago, BearsDen1-99 said:

thats what i am saying...Trubisky is better that Glennon right now...Screw waiting, see whatBiscuit has and draft another.

Trubisky is better than Glennon

Cutler is better than Glennon

McCown is better than Glennon

Hoyer is better than Glennon (at least was in this scheme)

Hell even Barkley was better than Glennon when he was playing under Loggains

Well that was a pathetic display of offense. I don't know if the Bucs are that good or the Bears are that bad. Probably the latter...but man something's gotta give with Glennon and these WRs.  

It's clear that no defenses are going to respect the Bears ability to push the ball downfield in the passing game and will keep stacking the box until proven otherwise.  

They have to start opening it up more or get Glennon out of there for Trubisky because this is going to get extremely painful to watch for another 14 games.  I don't see how Fox survives if this continues...

Here's the thing: Trubisky will have bad days. He will throw picks and make mistakes. It's inevitable.

What Trubisky provides: a more dynamic playbook, better mobility for a threat to run and improved escapability to extend plays, better accuracy, more consistent "zip" on the ball.

We'll see. Like I've been saying, I believe Fox is willing to just let it ride. Same mentality as Lovie: defensive coach who is willing to let his defense try to mop up after a hapless offense.

If things continue I see no way that Fox makes it past the half way point of the season...

The injuries are getting out of hand and we have to look at that training staff because something is off...

The team is poorly coached from top to bottom giving up so many needless penalties and dumb plays...

The offence is so obvious that I can't even blame the players...how can anyone think you stand a chance of winning with a poor QB and no WRs when you try and run the ball 15 times? Seriously we have the 2nd leading rushing from last season and a dynamic young threat and you run the ball 15 times...what are you thinking? Add in the fact we never even run anyone deep as a decoy to keep guys out the box and what chance are you giving yourself...you also drafted a big fast TE in the 2nd round and you have done nothing to get him on the field or put him in a position to succeed...

On D we sit back and sit back letting teams match down the field then try and hold them to three...couple of things...1. we don't hold them to 3 often enough for that to be effective...2. we don't have an offence who can score enough to make that an effective strategy...we are getting caught in no mans land all the time because we try and rush 4 and sit back but our DBs get beat too easy and our pass rush just isn't getting enough pressure...we need a massive shift in that area as well...

This team is talent deficient...we knew that...they are now banged up...but they don't need to be under prepared, undisciplined and unmotivated and that is the impression I get after today's game.

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

I was so pumped when the Bears inked Fangio to run the defense. Like you said, his unit is useless. The only impact plays they make are the ones they give up to opposing offenses.

It's really hard for me to tell when he has so few playmakers to work with, in particular in the secondary. I don't think that's coaching - I think that's lack of talent to work with. I don't really have any huge issues with our front seven though like every other team in the league we could use another top pass rusher. But we HAVE to get playmakers in the secondary. The INT Fuller dropped in the end zone today? HAS to be picked off. We need guys in the secondary who can finish plays. 

With that said, even if we wanted Fangio back next year, would he want to return, Fox or no Fox? He's a guy who has aspired to be a HC. Is he gonna get there as our DC? 

I'm starting to really think that this team sorely mismanaged the whole QB situation this past offseason by saying that Glennon would be the unquestioned starter.  Fox can try and save face all that he wants right now but clearly Glennon is not going to last much longer if this keeps up.

Wow that was a bad game, really no positives whatsoever and the injuries and loss of team confidence have left this team in far worse shape than they were Sunday morning.

This looks like the status quo for the Bears for the foreseeable future, and frankly the only reason to tune in-to be there for the first game of Trubisky time-is something that I'm hoping they wait on until the team has enough offensive line bodies in place to keep him from getting flattened by some OLB looking to rattle the rookie. As bad as this is I'd hate to see them put Tru in and get him hurt too. 

My new criteria for starting Trubisky is to at least have Long and Whitehair back where they belong.  Glennon played poorly and looks like he's very bad, but the O line really didn't give him much room to work. 

Anyone else looking at the 2018 draft already?  

Upside is, my 3 year old thinks the Buc's pirate ship is very cool. Have to agree that it's a real strength of the team. 

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

In the last 50 Bears games we have watched 34 loses.

That is a lot of losing.

I have become apathtic at this point when I watch.

Same. It's the way we lose as well. We shouldn't have so many of these pathetic performances like this. We beat ourselves all the time, and that is beyond unacceptable in the third year of a coaching regime. If we were completely talent deficient but were giving things a good go and getting close then it would be easier to swallow, but we do have some talent - front 7, O-line, RBs - and it just makes it all the more frustrating when teams completely wipe the floor with us.

These injuries are an absolute joke as well, something has to be done with the medical staff, can it seriously be that much bad luck?!

I try to stay positive as much as I can with every team I follow but the Bears sure do their best to make that really difficult. #OntoPittsburgh

23 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The injuries are getting out of hand and we have to look at that training staff because something is off...

This.

To have 2 players at the same position (Freeman and Kwiatkoski), go down in back to back weeks to the same freak injury (pectoral), that almost SCREAMS that something weird is going on in terms of strength and conditioning.

It would be like if half your WR's went down with hamstring injuries...  just unacceptable.

Archived