31. SEA: Mekhi Becton

32. BAL: Curtis Weaver

Miami trades Pick 5, 18, 56 to Washington for Pick 2

Jacksonville trades Pick 9, 73 to Los Angeles for Pick 6

Dallas trades Pick 17, Pick 83 and a 2020 3rd for Pick 11

Edited by brushmyhair

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

...what?

Minshew had his moments, but I just don't think he is the long term answer there, and while Marrone was kept on this year, one would have to assume his leash is short. Don't get me wrong, I think they can go other ways with their pick, I just think Marrone will tell the front office that he has a better chance of winning with a QB like Herbert

38 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Minshew had his moments, but I just don't think he is the long term answer there, and while Marrone was kept on this year, one would have to assume his leash is short. Don't get me wrong, I think they can go other ways with their pick, I just think Marrone will tell the front office that he has a better chance of winning with a QB like Herbert

He has a better chance of winning with a raw rookie than a guy who went 6-6 with below average personnel around him on offense and a bottom 8 defense? Or even a better chance than with a vet like Foles?

He played as good if not better than the top rated/picked QBs in his class and it's not like he had any better of a situation than those. Why assume Minshew can't end up continuing on an upward trajectory if he has a competent team around him (which he didn't this year?

As I've said, idk that Minshew is the answer long term yet but this ain't it.

Edited by .Buzz

Never gonna happen.  For one Telesco has never once traded back in the 1st round as GM of the Chargers.  He just doesn't do it.

This mock just breaks the cardinal rule that just about every GM (other than the ones who drug Cleveland down into the muck) operates by: If you think a QB prospect is a "franchise caliber" guy, you just take him, you don't get cute and quibble about trading back and hoping to get him, or someone like him.  "We didn't have a preference between the two" is coach/GMspeak - they're just trying to avoid saying "we didn't love any of them, but we knew people were expecting us to take one."

I firmly believe Herbert doesn't mesh with what the Chargers look for, personality wise, in draft prospects, but that doesn't mean they're going to just reach (I like Jordan Love, he's done nothing to merit suggestion as a Top 10 pick; he just doesn't have the body of work) for Love because they pass on Herbert.  No offense, and I don't know specifically which team you're a fan of, but I've got a pretty strong guess based upon who you seem intent on having fall to them and ensuring they get.

52 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He has a better chance of winning with a raw rookie than a guy who went 6-6 with below average personnel around him on offense and a bottom 8 defense? Or even a better chance than with a vet like Foles?

He played as good if not better than the top rated/picked QBs in his class and it's not like he had any better of a situation than those. Why assume Minshew can't end up continuing on an upward trajectory if he has a competent team around him (which he didn't this year?

As I've said, idk that Minshew is the answer long term yet but this ain't it.

Well...

ENiS0idXUAAe4YM?format=png&name=small

Edited by HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well...

ENiS0idXUAAe4YM?format=png&name=small

He threw to DJ Chark and a bunch of "guys" with a below average OL, easily the worst TE group in the NFL, and amidst a toxic environment with the whole Coughlin/Marrone situation and legit threw in the fire with an injury.

But go off.

Edited by .Buzz