Brushmyhairs divisional rd mock

brushmyhair

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He threw to DJ Chark and a bunch of "guys" with a below average OL, easily the worst TE group in the NFL, and amidst a toxic environment with the whole Coughlin/Marrone situation and legit threw in the fire with an injury.

But go off.

Sounds familiar.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lolz so because of that graphic all numbers get tossed out the window? 

Ok buddy.

No.  I specifically bolded your claim "and it's not like he had any better of a situation than those."

That's the claim I was challenging.  I agree he had the best overall production.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

No.  I specifically bolded your claim "and it's not like he had any better of a situation than those."

That's the claim I was challenging.  I agree he had the best overall production.

Just because his competition was lighter doesn't mean his team specifically/the environment he was in was better...which was the whole point I was making.

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just because his competition was lighter doesn't mean his team specifically/the environment he was in was better...which was the whole point I was making.

I mean, I'm sure Haskins would have preferred that environment over the one he was in, but when you said "situation", I was taking the whole situation into account, including having to play on a roster with half your team's salary on IR.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I mean, I'm sure Haskins would have preferred that environment over the one he was in, but when you said "situation", I was taking the whole situation into account.

I think you're underrating just how awful of a situation he was in and yet still had the third highest passer rating in the NFL of 20+ yards, 7 YPA (highest among all rookies although they were all close), 21:6 TD/INT ratio.

I'm well aware of how incompetent the top has been in Washington, but that doesn't lessen what JAX had going on as well.

Regardless, my point stands that there's no reason for the Jaguars to draft a QB unless an obvious franchise guy falls into their laps. Minshew showed enough to warrant seeing this out and getting better talent around him.

• Like 1

16. ATL: K'Lavon Chassion - Not to bad of a pick considering who was available i like Chassion.  I would personally prefer Gross here just because i think he is the better prospect for better value.  If we do target Chass i would hope we traded down to the early 20's and picked up a extra pick in the 3rd round or so then took him.   I would be pretty dang pleased with Delpit as well at Safety at our pick.  For me in order i think i would go with Gross then Delpit then Chass.

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Never gonna happen.  For one Telesco has never once traded back in the 1st round as GM of the Chargers.  He just doesn't do it.

This mock just breaks the cardinal rule that just about every GM (other than the ones who drug Cleveland down into the muck) operates by: If you think a QB prospect is a "franchise caliber" guy, you just take him, you don't get cute and quibble about trading back and hoping to get him, or someone like him.  "We didn't have a preference between the two" is coach/GMspeak - they're just trying to avoid saying "we didn't love any of them, but we knew people were expecting us to take one."

I firmly believe Herbert doesn't mesh with what the Chargers look for, personality wise, in draft prospects, but that doesn't mean they're going to just reach (I like Jordan Love, he's done nothing to merit suggestion as a Top 10 pick; he just doesn't have the body of work) for Love because they pass on Herbert.  No offense, and I don't know specifically which team you're a fan of, but I've got a pretty strong guess based upon who you seem intent on having fall to them and ensuring they get.

Love is going to have an opportunity to not only showcase at the Senior Bowl but at the Combine as well. I think he's going to dominate all events and vault himself into the top 10. If he doesn't have a good game in the Senior bowl, unlikely i'd mock him to the chargers or even in the top 15. I'm going to assume you think I'm a cowboys fan, well if you think that, then you are totally wrong.

For starters I HATE that trade for the Jets. Move back 6 spots and gain a 3rd and what will more than likely be a late 3rd next year? No thanks. As for the player though... I do like the idea of getting a WR as long as we address OL in FA. That being said these guys that you have slipping I just cant see happening. Lamb I highly doubt makes it to 17 and Wills cant slip that far either.

Also why would Dallas trade up for LB when they have Smith and Vander Esch?

• Like 1