Raiders to re-sign G Denzelle Good (One-year deal)

RaidersAreOne

42 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Where does this leave Jackson?  That 9.6m is a lot for a guy who’s underperforming and missed 3 and then 5 games the last two years.  We have 3 3rd round picks (IMO the sweet spot for guard talent in the draft) with a several good prospects projected in that area this year.  With Good resigned do we cut Jackson and draft a guard to compete for LG?

Totally agree with you that getting a G with 1 of our 3rds looks like a good option with many projected there. Maybe we hold onto Gabe until the draft and if we get one in the 3rd, we try to move him on day 3. I don't think we'd get more than a 5th for Gabe anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Totally agree with you that getting a G with 1 of our 3rds looks like a good option with many projected there. Maybe we hold onto Gabe until the draft and if we get one in the 3rd, we try to move him on day 3. I don't think we'd get more than a 5th for Gabe anyway.

Yeah I think we’d get a 5th or 6th for Jackson, definitely not more.

22 hours ago, Rolni said:

Seems like a strong depth deal, not quite the starter in Gabe's place deal to me...

I guess we will rock the same starting 5 with Good, James and Sharpe as depth

I’d really like to draft a future starter at G in the 3rd/4th round to replace Incognito in 2 years at LG or  compete with Good to replace Jackson next season if he Jackson doesn’t start earning his heavy paycheck.

Also, we really should look to acquire someone to compete with Brandon Parker for a roster spot.  If Miller even gets dinged up and missed a short bit of time I’m very scared about Parker playing LT.  I’d love for him to finally click and get it but I’m losing faith.

I think we wait and see a healthy Gabe in 2020, before we make a move. Good signing gives us the flexibility moving forward should Richie regress or Gabe shows he isn’t worth the money. As it is I like the IOL depth with Good and James. I don’t think I’d spend a 3 on a G just yet.  

id say we need better depth at OT than OG after this Re-signing.

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d really like to draft a future starter at G in the 3rd/4th round to replace Incognito in 2 years at LG or  compete with Good to replace Jackson next season if he Jackson doesn’t start earning his heavy paycheck.

Also, we really should look to acquire someone to compete with Brandon Parker for a roster spot.  If Miller even gets dinged up and missed a short bit of time I’m very scared about Parker playing LT.  I’d love for him to finally click and get it but I’m losing faith.

I think we should sign a vet Tackle who serves the swing tackle role. Atleast someone to bring competition to Sharpe and Parker since we have our long term starters 

42 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

This guy could be the next Logan Mankins, be a solid 3/4th round pick. Muti is a physical freak who dominated when he faced Alabama 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverandblackpride.com/platform/amp/2020/1/9/21058643/draft-hunt-fresno-state-ol-netane-muti-raiders

Edited by Humble_Beast

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

I think we wait and see a healthy Gabe in 2020, before we make a move. Good signing gives us the flexibility moving forward should Richie regress or Gabe shows he isn’t worth the money. As it is I like the IOL depth with Good and James. I don’t think I’d spend a 3 on a G just yet.  

id say we need better depth at OT than OG after this Re-signing.

The idea of spending a 3rd on a guard isn’t necessary for immediate depth, it’s so we can replace Gabe or Richie in 2021 with a quality young starter with experience in the system.  You’d be drafting a guy to develop short term.

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The idea of spending a 3rd on a guard isn’t necessary for immediate depth, it’s so we can replace Gabe or Richie in 2021 with a quality young starter with experience in the system.  You’d be drafting a guy to develop short term.

I get it, I just believe we should address another position before we draft a spot where we are 3 deep at. Obviously, FA is gonna change a lot. But as of right now I’d rather address other positions that would be able to contribute sooner rather than later.