Free Agent Tracker: News and Notes

.Buzz

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

a small 1 year deal wouldnt be bad for competition for dobbs. 

That's not a competition.  It's just...Jameis Winston is your backup QB.  Dobbs probably cut, 'cause you ain't carrying 3 guys.  "Competition" at the QB position is a farce.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Winston's better than some starters in the league and at age 26, has upside. 

I'd be for him as a backup depending on $ too. Can't imagine it'd be too much either.

What's the actual point though?  What are you trying to accomplish by bringing in a guy who has already failed over and over again.  The guy has already played like 70+ NFL games and he's still the same guy he was.  He's not changing.  He's not taking your team anywhere.  He is what he is, and it's not good.  His big personality and propensity for turning the ball over is the exact opposite of what you want in a backup too.

The only conceivable purpose i can conjure up...would be if you think you can stash him on a cheap deal for half a season, and try to deal him for a late round pick at some point when injuries strike and a team gets desperate.

Really not worth the hassle and potential distractions imo.  Especially considering there's absolutely no upside to it at all, unless you actually do manage to deal him for the upside of like...a 6th round pick or something.  Small upside.

Invest time in developing someone who hasn't already botched multiple opportunities and built an extremely clear picture of what they are as a QB.

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Would you guys do Zach Ertz for yan?

Nah.  Like Buzz said...a 30 year old TE isn't what the Jaguars really need.  Not for a top tier pass rusher in his prime like Yan.  If you could wind the clock back on Ertz a bunch of years, maybe it becomes more of a conversation...but that's obviously not possible.

Something built around Goedert + is probably more of an intriguing starting point.

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I actually like Chris Thompson depending on the contract. He's fragile but a good 3rd down pass catcher

As a FSU fan who’s been watching him since college I love his game when he’s healthy.. but it’s gon have to be a hard no for me dawg. Tired of seeing Jags continue to waste money on IR candidates. 

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Anyone have the current figure for how much space we have. 

If we do move on from ngakoue i think a 1 year deal for clowney makes some sense

I don't think we have it after Woods/Marsh and rookie class.

Would need to move $$ around/cut Lee and co. Think if we were to target him a two year deal with low cap hit this year would make more sense.

Just now, Chops013 said:

Hope Eifert doesn’t mean we don’t still go after Parham.

Considering PJ Walker got like 1.65M, I doubt Parham is going to command much. 

Just a young guy that showed out there with upside. Gotta carry 4 TE's at least.